Sort of Newbie - Back after a long break

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by barbapapa, 5 September 2010 Social URL.

1. barbapapa

barbapapa Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    Hello -

I used to use Minimins and as my weight is still on me thought I would re visit for inspiration and support.

I joined back in 2009 which shocked me as I really didn't think it was that long ago. At the time I was trying Atkins and got great advice from Jim and the group, my goal was to be at my target weight by 31st August 2009 - my birthday. Another two years older adn I am still 12st 4lbs which is roughly what I was then. This time I am going to stick with healthy eating with a bit of calorie counting as I know where I go wrong, It's just willpower for me, portion size, snacking and keeping booze intake to a minimum. I really want to get fit as I am noticing that I am really struggling to keep up with my 3 young children so I intend to start power walking and hope to build up to gentle joggin when I feel more confident and able.

Not really sure which group to follow, so please offer me suggestions.

Glad to be back and looking forward to making new friends and sharing stories of good progress.

Current weight - 12st 4lbs
    Target weight - 9st

When - for my 40th birthday August 2011

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KarenB

KarenB Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(13.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :wavey: welcome back

4. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Welcome back and good luck

Irene xx

5. sharkbait1983

sharkbait1983 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Vintage Points
    :welcome: back and good luck on your weight loss journey

Sharkbait1983 x

6. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello! It's nice that you came back for the support, it is a lovely place to be isn't it? :)

Have you looked into any specific plans, like Weight Watchers or Slimming World? I, being the biased little girl that I am(!), would fully recommend SW as you will be able to cook the same meals for your family and it doesn't really feel like a diet. You can also work out the best (well, lowest syn) drinks to have and this should help you keep the drinking to a minimum.

Best of luck for whatever route you decide to take :) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.