#sos# dreaming about onion bhajis!!!

How Soon Is Now

Tahlula Bandanna :D
oh my god, i am totally new to this and need support!!! i started sole source on tuesday and am so desparate to suceed at this diet having failed weight watchers last year...i ended up 7 pounds more than when i started after a year of torture and cheating :cry:!! i was finding it quite easy :cool: for the first two days which i am super worried about, arent the first 3 days meant to be the hardest? does that mean that im not in ketosis? and its not working properly :confused:? its my fourth day now and since yesterday i cant stop thinking about onion bhajis! ive already lost 7lbs though but ive got so much to loose and cant stop thinking about how long before i can eat real food again its making me want to quit and weekends are SO hard i had to sleep all day today to stop myself buying 20 cheese pasties, i havent been hungry at all but i WANT food so bad:(!! has anyone got some advice for me on how to plough on and stop being such a wuss? Anybody just starting aswell struggleing mentally? I need some thinspiration i think!!

SOS!

Erin xx

Hi Erin and welcome to Minimins

This thread is fantastic:
http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-100-forum/70911-emotional-eaters-any-advice.html

Not saying you're an emotional eater but it's some of our opinions on why we want to eat when not hungry and there are plenty of things to think about. Plus by the time you've read that lot it'll be bedtime!

Don't worry about the ketosis thing, not everyone has a hard time getting into it (I didn't) and if you have lost 7lbs so far I'd say it's working for you ;-)

Good luck and don't give up xx

water water water...oh and some water. Drink your 2.5 litres steadily throughout the day and keep busy, or post on Minimins - it really focusses the mind, and before long, SS is the norm. Sounds strange, but it works. Well done on your achievements so far!
XX

Ditto everything above - try to accept that in the early days you may just have to go to bed early or spend an hour or so in the bath spoiling yourself with candles and some nice smellies.

I didn't have trouble the first two or three days but then really had to work on it and it's true posting on here really helps - I spend ages just reading the posts

ah cheers everyone...all very good advice!...i am going to take everyday as it comes! i am going to live on these threads to keep me going! so youll see more or me im sure!

im glad you said that about the water because yesterday my mother was telling me not to drink too much because i would flood my brain and die! i reckon shes being a bit melodramatic! im trying for 4litres a day. and hopefully it wont kill me...

Erin xx

No, it won't kill you. The scare mongering stories are of people who drink a huge amount in a very short space of time ( like litres and litres in minutes) - very silly, and pretty hard. It's how people in the 90s died doing Ecstasy, and they drank too much water without realising...anyway, I digress...
I drink about 4 litres across the course of the day. For some reason I can see off a litre very easily, so have to pace myself (must have been the beer practise at college that honed this skill!). Just little and often - it's amazing how it curbs hunger, and is fantastic for your skin. Good luck!
xx

please don't mention onion bhaji, lol.. i love them, seriously its a matter if what u want most, food or to be slim. I think u have already made that choice or u wouldn't be doing CD, ur off to a good start having already lost 7lb so keep up the good work and u will be amazed at the results, good luck.

Yeah god i heard that somebody who was doing lighter life died because she got home from work and was trying to catch up and drank 4 litres at once!! scary eh! i will definatly not do that.

and sorry about the bhaji blaspheming! i thought after i posted that i maybe shouldnt have put that in the title! yeah my sister was the one who pointed out to me that all my favourite foods will be around when im skinny! which is something my cravings find hard to believe! no more talk of bhajis i promise! i would hate to sabotage anyone inadvertantly!!!

Erin x

I used to drink 4Litres throughout the day. It used to give me really bad back pain in my kidneys, I felt confused sometimes too. I don't have kidney problems before anyone says it either! My doctor told me 4Litres was too much for me and to only drink what your body wants. She said more than 2.5Litres was excessive for most people even on a VLCD. It hasn't been proven that drinking more than the minimum makes you lose Lbs any quicker anyway so be careful. This is my 2nd time on Cambridge and My weight loss is the same on 2.25L as when I was drinking 4L. The quote:airquote:More you drink more you shrink:airquote: isn't endorsed by Cambridge either. It's interesting to know the facts and that everyones water intake limits are different.

Dr I.V. van Heerden says...lol!
To lose weight, I must drink litres of water..
Drinking liquid, including water, is an excellent idea, but not if you start to ingest more than 3 litres a day. It's a fallacy that drinking hot or cold water will lead to actual loss of body fat.
If you overdo your water intake, you'll dilute your electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium and even calcium) and an electrolyte imbalance can lead to all kinds of problems.
For example, excessive water intake (a condition known as ‘water intoxication’) can dilute your electrolytes to such an extent that you develop a variety of negative side effects, including water retention. From a slimming point of view, you'll not weigh less when you step on the scale, because your body is retaining water.
In extreme cases, water intoxication can be fatal. Stick to having a total of 2.5 to 3 litres of liquid a day.

wow! i had no idea of all the side affects! jesus...i really thort that its was good for u...im definatly sticking to 2.5 then!

cheers for the head up...you might have saved my life! haha!

E x

Hey hun, well keep posting on here and youll pind plenty of support! The thing that keeps me going at times is thinking, I could lose lb a week on WW or lbs a week on a VLCD, the choice is yours! Well done on the first few days, be string, and read the success stories when your struggling xx

Back