SOS - Need a rescue plan!

ruthiebusybee

Now, I know SW allow Flexi-Syns and encourage you not to dwell on 'hiccups', but after the long weekend I've had :eek: I need some serious SOS food suggestions to, ahem, clear out (?) the naughtiness and limit the damage to the scales come Thursday. :break_diet:

Anyone have any SOS tactics they swear by?

[Not sure if this is really the right forum for this, but can't see that it applies specifically to any of the others]

xx

Boring as it may sound Ruthie, just draw a line under it, and get back on the plan. Treat is a the aforementioned hiccup.

The way I see it 5 good days will out-perform 2 bad ones;)

This week is a bit more 50/50, weekend started on Friday and finished today - so have 4 good days to hopefully counteract 4 really, really, really bad ones.

[I had 2 (yes, TWO) takeaways today - I NEVER do that.........]

I think I may have to use the Super Free Food list from the book as my actual shopping list, and live on beetroot!

I do actually feel quite revolting now. Not sure I will repeat the weekend foodwise in quite some time, if ever.

I totally agree with maximus :) Its no use dwelling on it or it will do your head and trust me I know lol.
I tend to think well altogether in a week I can have 105 syns so if I do go over in a day I just add them up at end of week. Last week I had 3 bad days and its only coz I had a huge takeaway night before weigh in that I put half a lb on lol.

Not sure I can go a whole month without any syns to balance it out..............;)

Thanks guys, I know you are both right of course, and that is no doubt what I would say to anyone else posting such a thing too.

I shall try to keep it in mind.................

I make a litre of tomato soup and keep in fridge for all my weekly lunches. Cheap,easy,filling enough, it's there stopping You grabbing sandwiches x

You're welcome ruthiebusybee :D

I did a week of having soup as 1 meal in the day, lost 4lb that week!

superspeed soup!

just 1-2 beef stock pots, veggies (carrots,leeks,onions- anything that can go in a veggie soup thats superfree) a tin of mixed beans, tin of baked beans, 2 tins of tomatoes and a handful of lentils (and water of course)

makes a TON of the stuff- seriously- get one of those huge vat/barrel/pan things, lol.

great have in the freezer, and its really filling and all free :D

most important thing is you dont beat yourself up. maybe do some more active stuff- even if its just running around the house one more time with the hoover lol. that might help some :)

next week is a new week ;)

Not sure I can go a whole month without any syns to balance it out..............;)

Thanks guys, I know you are both right of course, and that is no doubt what I would say to anyone else posting such a thing too.

I shall try to keep it in mind.................

Not sure if you were joking, or that was a "throwaway line" but you have to have at least 5 syns per day chick;)

Well, after the way yesterday deteriorated I have decided I have no choice but to forget all about it and start again today. I knew I was going to stuggle to maintain this week anyway, so I have 2 days of sticking with the plan properly and take whatever the scales throw at me on Thursday night. C'est la vie.

This is a long term thing, and I just have to keep reminding myself of it. It's not like I'm going to get in trouble for having wobbles!!!

I do have a stupid-head on sometimes. Honestly (shaking head).

Thanks for your support as ever everyone!

xx

P.S. Even considered switching to WW in a moment of blind-stupidity! But then a little bit of brain was still working and stopped me! SW is by far easier than WW!

Hang on in there Ruthie!

You'll have all those emotions from self-doubt to anger via fear and often a feeling of "what's the point".

Just plug away and when you fall off the horse, get back on.

Do you keep food diaries and write everything down - every mouthful? - it might help.

Steve

Your body will quickly correct for short term lapses- it's if you continue it long term it will be not good.

Just keep going with the plan and it should be fine in a week or two :)

Maximus said:
Hang on in there Ruthie!

You'll have all those emotions from self-doubt to anger via fear and often a feeling of "what's the point".

Just plug away and when you fall off the horse, get back on.

Do you keep food diaries and write everything down - every mouthful? - it might help.

Really good advice there! :)

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Hey Ruthie!

It must be catching! - for some bizarre reason I went to the chippy tonight and enjoyed what can only be described and whale and chips with enough golden batter to feed an army!

Pointless even trying to syn that lot. Job done, feast enjoyed.

Back on that wagon/horse/plan. No flexi-synning a lost day. 6 good ones either side will make a good week.

Steve

Back