Soup Challenge

Im going to start with the leek and potato tonight and see how that turns out im a soup making virgin :)

I bunged all my veg that had to be used up into my slow cooker last night, with stock & scotch broth mix. Its been on all night, and now smells devine!

Im going to start with the leek and potato tonight and see how that turns out im a soup making virgin :)

I'm sat eating my potato and leek soup as I type....lol. I used the recipe from the SW site but I added a grilled rasher of crispy bacon chopped up on top....yummy!! Only half a syn for the bowl....Oh yeah!!!:flirt2:

When I read the post re the carrot lentil and coriander soup I went into the kitchen and made it! It's wonderful! And far more filling with using the lentils than a plain carrot and coriander.I'll often make lentil or split pea soup in the pressure cooker, just add carrots onion and celery. The chicken noodle and tomato bacon and lentil soups from the EE recipe book are good too.

On a tv programme a few months ago it said that soup was proved to keep you feeling fuller for longer so was very good if you were trying to lose weight.

ohhh thats good :) gonna make 1 a week ,, any tips for leek and potato? or just do it lol

ohhh thats good :) gonna make 1 a week ,, any tips for leek and potato? or just do it lol

One onion, diced. Two leeks, sliced. Two potatoes, diced. Into a pan, season, cover with stock, simmer until cooked.

Take out half, blitz with hand-held blender until smooth. Return the smooth bit to the rest left in the pan, reheat. Add a good grating of nutmeg.

(Or make it all smooth if that's what you like.)

This recipe used to be a lot more complicated than this, but I have made it more and more simple and I think it is delicious just as it is. Personally, I think the freshly grated nutmeg is essential, but not everyone likes it, so it's up to you.

This week i made Butterbut Squash and red pepper it was amazing! My OH and 7 month old bbay couldn't get enough!

(Boil some diced butternut squash, add to red pepper chopped and fried in fry light, handful of fresh sage, black pepper and 500ml chicken stock, whizz with blender) makes a very filling, warming and thick delicious soup! Mmmmm

i made leek and potato last night :) its lovely made a massive pan full gave some to the MIL and my mum and my friend at work lol :) used nutmeg too x oh and got a hand held blitzer from morrisons £5.99

This week i made Butterbut Squash and red pepper it was amazing! My OH and 7 month old bbay couldn't get enough!

(Boil some diced butternut squash, add to red pepper chopped and fried in fry light, handful of fresh sage, black pepper and 500ml chicken stock, whizz with blender) makes a very filling, warming and thick delicious soup! Mmmmm

Think I will make this for my lunch! Thanks xx

i make sweet potato, leek and coriander.

chop leek and garlic and fry in frylight until soft, peel and dice sweet potato, add and fry for 5 minutes add chicken stock and simmer until soft. then blend, add fresh coriander (blend again if preferred) and add a swirl of low fat yog.

yum!

Sweet potato and leek sounds wonderful! Especially as sitting in my vegetable basket right now is a large sweet potato and one and a half leeks!!!

There's no limit to this soup-making lark is there?

Back