Soup disaster!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by loula, 21 April 2009 Social URL.

1. loula

loula Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.89%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Goodafternoon everyone!

Have just had a total soup disaster in the work kitchen.... How on earth do you make the soups up so that they aren't lumpy / chalky / congealed mess??

I added 150ml water, stirred, microwaved, stirred again, microwaved. And was left with something that resembled a cow pat in a bowl (veg soup). With chalky lumps in it.

Any tips on how to avoid this?! I only like the shakes blended up with loads of ice, so soup seems the way forward for lunchtimes at work. I have a few bars per week too but like something savoury at lunchtime.

Help!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. thin_inside

thin_inside I Can Do This!

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(32.95%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hi Loula

Sorry to hear you had a disaster with the soup. I don't think the soups are supposed to be microwaved as they lose nutrient value.

Just add boiling water from the kettle. I find the vegetable soup the easiest to dissolve. I usually have it as a cup-a-soup in work at lunchtime, making it with a very small hand whisk. Add a bit of water and whisk to dissolve into smooth paste, then top up with hot water and whisk again.

I find the whisk is much more effective than a fork/spoon. I keep the little whisk and a big mug in my drawer at work so it's always available.

Hope this helps. xx

4. Sean(JSF)

Sean(JSF) Making it all add up

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st6lb(36.36%)
    Diet:
    Finished - Lighter Life
    Yup, hand blender is the answer £3-£4 cost.

I use ~ 300ml water & blitz in a jug. Makes a nice mug full & smooth & creamy

5. SexyBecks1

SexyBecks1 is loving CWP xx

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - step 3
    Hi loula,

I mix a little cold water in first to make a really think paste mixing with a fork. Then topping up with boiling water to however much I want. I normally have up to 500ml at work as this makes 2 cup fulls and really fills me up. I can't be bothered with my blender at work as it is so noisy!!!

Hope that helps x

6. AG1981

AG1981 Gold Member

Diet:
    Undecided
    Good advice, I just pour boiling water from the kettle into a jug (at least 7floz of) then pour in the pack and blend with a hand blender. They come out perfectly smooth and no microwave needed.

7. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I had a little mug with a built in blender - i got it on ebay. never ever shake or stir your soup! or shakes!! lol

Belnders - the way forward. A little hand blender will work too of course, the cup was just very convenient.

:)

8. loula

loula Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.89%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    Thanks folks - will try again tomorrow! Gonna check out ebay for the blender/cup thingy BL - sounds good! xx

9. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    It was great - I will try and remember what it is called. if I still had it I would mail it to you but I killed it with use! but it lasted the whole diet! :)

10. X~Libby~X

X~Libby~X Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.81%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I use a stick blender with about 100ml of cold water then just add boiling water from the kettle. Makes it hot yet drinkable! Hope you have more success with future soups as they really are quite lovely!

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.