soup help please

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Crys, 2 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Crys

Crys Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I need some help

My C has advised I try a speed soup, however, I don't really like veg. I need a soup that doesn't taste of anything other than tomato, and is completely smooth.

Any ideas? I'm on green.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Can you not just blend the soup so it is smooth? If you want it to taste of tomato then you are pretty much going to be limited to tomato soup, tomato and red pepper soup, or minestrone.

Might be worth presevering to overcome your hang ups about vegetables so you can have a wider range of food options.

4. Crys

Crys Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I am trying, but it's issues that go back to when I was about 4, so hard to break.

5. MinkyDinky

MinkyDinky Holiday Countdown!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    8st4lb(40.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    have you tried variations of tomato soups so not just the same thing over and over again?
    For instance, tomato celery and onion? blitzed, it would just be tomato soup with a tang. or roast tomato, pepper, garlic, shallot and chilli - thats a personal fav of mine.
    If you put bits of veg in that arent too strong in flavour then you will still have tomato soup but just with more superfree foods in.
    Hope this helps even if a little :)

6. Not sure if you would be up for it but I made butternut squash and sweet potato soup. Wasn't sure if I would like it but was brave and tasted it and to my surprise it's quits tasty!! And I blended it so it's super smooth (I can't be dealing with lumps!!)

7. auntynet

auntynet Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(21.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Try cooking carrots, butternut squash, onions, white cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and celery until they are really soft. These veg are all very mushy when overcooked so they should blend easily without any lumps. Add a carton of passata. Season to taste. Add some tomato puree to enhance the flavour if its not tomatoey enough for you. (not sure if tomato puree is free or syned).

8. Kimmy b

Kimmy b Full Member

Not done soup but going to try are they syn free if you use all free superfree stuff ?

9. -Tally-

-Tally- Silver Member

Courgettes have quite a mild taste, as does cauliflower and celery...blended with a load of tomato based stuff you'd hardly notice them...plus they're all white (if you peel the courgette) so it would be red too.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.