Soup maker

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
Have just ordered a morphy soup maker- has anyone had any success with these? Think Mr Goldi-chocs thinks it's just a gimmick and I'd be better off with a saucepan :(

Are these the things that sautée and then cook and blend all in one?

They sound very useful, let us know how you get on xxx

( men don't understand kitchen gadgets lol)

I have one and I think it is brilliant.

I was totally against them when they first came out, because I thought a saucepan and stick blender would do just as well, and I still think that at full price they are far too expensive, but I got one in a sale and am glad I did.

I just pile in the ingredients, add the stock, put the lid on, switch it on, and go away and do something else until it bleeps. You must cut the veg fairly small, though, so that it cooks through. Sometimes I get a bag of ready-prepared vegetables, like the butternut squash and chilli one from Waitrose - now that's really being lazy!!

Then I have beautifully smooth soup - I find that the blending is really efficient, better than a stick blender. You can have chunky soup as well, but I haven't tried that yet. Or you can cook on the chunky setting, then blend just a little bit if you want to.

Washing up is a doddle - just run it under the hot tap.

One thing - you MUST read all the instructions carefully, and if you are anything like me, read them twice!

Thanks- yes I've got mine 15 quid cheaper than normal - it arrives today! My husband is of the opinion that a saucepan will do just as well but anything that reduces the need for me to stand at a stove is ok in my book - I love my slow cooker for the same reason! Now just need to track down the slimming world speed soup recipe......

I brought that one a few months ago and love it :)

I was a bit worried I'd buy it and never use but it's great, so quick and easy (especially with having two little ones).

Enjoy x

I'm with your husband sorry. I have one its pretty much been a waste of money. It's enormous so takes up loads of space but the actual amount of soup you get is pretty small. There's no time saving and it actually ends up making for more washing up as you have to transfer to a pot anyway to reheat. I've been making a lot of different soups as I was doing a challenge - different soup ever week - and can honestly say you don't get the same depth of flavour because its all put in at the same time. For basic, wham bam thank you maam soups fine, but not if you want to do anything more adventurous. Plus I've also had loads of problems with it cutting out mid cycle due to a design fault with the sensor. It's a very common thing from what I can make out.

I love love love my soup maker :) i have pea and ham soup in it as we speak , find it much easier just bung everything in add stock and leave it to it, 20 mins later fresh syn free soup all ready to eat . I bought mine from Aldi in nov for 30 quid it has more than paid for it self.
Still use a pan if i am making minestrone soup though x

OK so it's here and..... I love it! Chucked in a few things with no attention to quantity or proportions etc and to be honest expected a watery tasteless mess because I gave it so little attention. Am on my fourth cup of soup, it's delicious! Time to get experimenting methinks!

OK so it's here and..... I love it! Chucked in a few things with no attention to quantity or proportions etc and to be honest expected a watery tasteless mess because I gave it so little attention. Am on my fourth cup of soup, it's delicious! Time to get experimenting methinks!

That's all I do when I make soup in a pan to be honest! I don't really think you need a recipe for soup...some of my best soups have been made when 'using up' whats left in the fridge!! lol

I was going to buy a Morphy Richards one but when I saw customer comments I decided against as there were so many bad reviews about cutting out and not working etc.

I did make my soups in a saucepan until recently now I just chuck it all in the slow cooker, put it on high and leave it. I am one of these that does not peel squash and carrots so needs a little bit longer for squash skin to go really soft. Also I can make a lot at a time.

Good on you those that use them thought. Not meant as a criticism .

Back