Cruise PV Soup please

jaqys

Gold Member
Can people post their soup recipes with info on how to do it.
I like soup but am utterly useless at making it, and with it getting colder I'd like to add it to evening meals.

I'm not delia :) but generally for veggie soup it's just

dry fry a little onion....add stock...add veg...bring to boil..simmer til veg is tender and whizz with a blender :)....

I'm sure someone will be along with a better idea though x

Vegtable Soup - PV

So today i made a winter vegtable soup which was amazinly filling and warm and lovely =] James is off paintballing tomorrow so he’s taking most of it in a flask for lunch, hopefully there will be some left over for my lunch though =p
Ingrediants:
2 parsnips peeled and chunked
4 carrots peeled and chuncked
1/2 swede chunked
- any other vegtables you fancy i put broccolli in mine
2 med leek sliced
1 med onion sliced
pepper to taste
stock made to 1 litre – i used bullion

Method
put fry light in large pan and add the leek and onion fry gently on medium heat for a couple of minutes till they just begin to soften then throw in all the other veg and put a lid on, turn the heat right down and let the veg sweat for 10 mins stirring occasionally.
Add stock and seasonings bring to a steady simmer cover and leave to cook till all veg soft (30 – 40 minutes) add more boiling water if required and skim any frothy gunge.
Finishing
If you want chunky soup then chop the veg initially to a fairly even small dice. I like it smooth so I use a blender or for a medium texture just use a potato masher to break down the lumps.

here's one Pearl posted x

Thanks.
I've not found any halfway reasonable stock cubes/powder yet.
Will keep an eye out.

And what sort of blender do people use?

have you not got bullion? most people use it as a hot drink but it is actually stock and recommended my pierre himself, you can get it in normal or low fat / low sodium.

i use a cheap food processor that has a blender attached it it. was only about £35 from currys i think, its small but does the job =]

I have been making a chicken soup,
1ltr pre-made campbells chicken stock
BIG Shake of dried chives
Chicken breast thinly sliced
Tiny bit of Salt
Add all in one pot and cook for about 15mins till chicken cooked.
Then at the end Im naughty and add a drop or 2 of sesame oil, I know not allowed but it makes it taste more asian-fied :)
If its PV day I will also add bok choy at the end, Numbies xxxxxx

Back