Soup Recipes please?

Tonic

Hi all... Been a while since i last posted, had a break from plan but back on it with a vengence now! I'm struggling a bit with extra easy though as its just too damn cold to have salad for lunch so was thinking of making up some soups! The only soup I know how to make though is butternut squash and sweet potato! Was wondering if anyone could share any simple recipes for free (or low syn) soups? xx

If you do a search (blue button towards top right of page) you will find literally of tonnes of threads of soup recipes. Also most soup recipes can be made SW very easily so any non-SW recipe sites eg bbcgood.com will give you lots of inspiration.

Thanks, I'll do a search...

Uttanutta - butternut squash & sweet potato soup is dead easy... fry up an onion, add a pint of veg stock together with but squash and sweet pot (tesco do a bag of it already peeled & Chopped!), add some cumin and chilli flakes, cook till its all soft and whizz it up. Delicious!

Hi there,

I made a bit of a concoction up which turned out really nice, you can use up roast chicken in it too!

I just put :

An onion (red or white)
Carrot
Potato
Leek

(If fact you can use any veg- in my last batch I also used sugar snap peas and spinach)

Dice up in small cubes- fry off till slightly softened in fry light
Add about a 1.5 pints chicken/veg stock
2 teaspoons curry powers
salt and pepper

Literally stick the lid on and leave to cook for about an hour- when done add in shredded roast chicken.

Its quite a thick soup/broth but syn free and really tasty. Great for using up all your veg from the fridge thats getting a bit icky!!

Claire

Curried Parsnip Soup

1 Onion chopped
1 largish carrot chopped
1 largish potato diced
2 largish parsnips diced
1 tbs curry powder (i use medium)
stock (veg stock or chicken) (cant remember how much i would say to cover everything, maybe about 700ml)

1. fly onions in frylight
2. add curry powder and stir into the onions.
3. add carrots, potato and parsnips
4. add stock and bring to boil.
5. simmer for about 30 mins until carrots, potato and parsnips are cooked.
6. wait to cool and blend.

really nice and creamy (the parsnips make it that way)

ham and vegetable soup

i kind of made this one up and it was really lovely. must make it again as it. use only some of ham in soup and then make ham, chips and egg as diff meal/

joint of ham (not smoked), cut off fat and soak overnight as often salty.
2 carrots, diced
1 large 1eek, sliced
1 large or 2 small potato, diced

cook the ham in pan of water til cooked (depends on time on packet). save the water.

in pan for soup add carots, leek and potatoes. ass saved water and extra water or stock if needed. cook til veg is tender.
ad chunks of ham. serve. (no need to blend)

I made a leek and potatoe soup. Im the veg section at asda they do them already chopped in a bag for £1 I got mine reduced for 32p. You put it all in a pan 1 litre of water and 2 veg stock cubes. Left to simmer for 25 min and blended. Added salt and pepper.
Just had some it was gorgeous!

Back