Soup Recipes

SlimmingKitchen

Gold Member
Here are some lovely soups recipes all of which I have made :)
xxx

Classic Tomato Soup
Syns per serving: Free on all plans

Ingredients:
Low-calorie spray oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 sticks celery, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
1ltr (1 3/4 pints) water or stock
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp artificial sweetener
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g (7oz) low-fat natural fromage frais
To serve:
Low-fat natural fromage frais
Finely chopped tomatoes

Method:
Spray a saucepan with oil spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic and carrot and stir-fry for 2-3 mins.
Add the water or stock, tomatoes and sweetener and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15-20 mins. Remove from the heat, season well and, using a hand-held blender or food processor, blend until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and stir in the fromage frais.
Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve immediately, garnished with a little fromage frais and chopped tomatoes.

Tomato, Lentil & Onion Soup
Syns per serving: Syn free on Green & Extra Easy plan

Ingredients:
1 large onion, chopped
2 sticks of celery, chopped
175g red lentils
2 large tomatoes or a tin of chopped tomatoes
1.5 pints of stock made with veg stock cube
2 tsp of herbs de provence
Salt and pepper

Method:
Spray frylight into a pan, add onion and cook for 5 mins, then add the red lentils and cook for a further minute. Stir in tomatoes, stock, dried herbs and season with salt and pepper.
Cover and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins. Stir occasionally.
Add a touch of water if necessary. When lentils are cooked and tender, remove lid and leave to cool slightly. Puree in a blender until smooth and serve.

Curried Red Lentil & Sweet Potato Soup
Syns per serving: Free on Green & Extra Easy plan

Ingredients:
1 & 1/2 cups red lentils
4 cups water
1 sweet potato
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 medium onion (diced)
2 garlic cloves (diced)
3 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons cumin (ground)
1 teaspoon coriander (ground)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)

Method:
Rinse the lentils in a strainer under cold running water (preferably filtered). Pick them over and discard any small stones. Put the water and salt in a medium-sized sauce pan. Bring to boil. Add the rinsed lentils, reduce heat and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Scoop off any excess foam on the top and discard.
Peel the sweet potatoes and dice into 1/2 inch pieces. Add to lentils and continue cooking.
Dice the onions and and garlic. In a small skillet, heat the onions, garlic and spices over low heat. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until the onions have become soft and translucent.
Add spice mix to the soup and continue to cook and occasionally stir until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add more water if soup is too thick.

Minestrone Soup
Syns per serving: Syn Free on Extra Easy & on Green if using the meat as a healthy extra B choice

Ingredients:
1 onion (diced)
1 leek (sliced)
Cubes of gammon/boiled bacon (fat removed!)
1 large carrot
Quarter of shredded Savoy cabbage
1 clove garlic (crushed)
Tin chopped tomatoes
75g spaghetti (or other pasta)
1.5 pints of stock (Vecon)
Handful of torn fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste

Method
Fry onion, leek, carrot, bacon, garlic in pan sprayed with Frylight
Add tomatoes, stock, cabbage , basil and spaghetti/pasta
Simmer for 60 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste
Serve with Parmesan Cheese (1.5 Syns per level tablespoon)

Speed Soup

Ingredients:
1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
Green, red & yellow pepper
2 beef or chicken or vegetable stock cubes
Salt pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Method:
Chop and put all vegetables in pan
Add all other ingredients
Cover with water bring to boil and simmer until soft
Can be left chunky or blended

Spicy Tomato & Red Pepper Soup
Syns per serving: Free on all plans

Ingredients:
2 whole red peppers
2 large fresh tomatoes
250g passata
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
100ml water mixed with one tspn of bovril
2 small green chillies
a sprinkle of medium or hot chilli powder
black pepper to taste

Method:
Chop up the tomatoes & chillies, deseed the peppers and chops into small pieces, chop up the onion and garlic and add everything to a saucepan. Put in the passata & bovril, simmer for 30 mins. Add some chilli powder and black pepper to taste. Put it all in a blender for a few seconds to make into a delicious soup

Spicy Butternut Squash Soup

Ingredients:
half a butternut squash
3 chopped small potatoes
2 small onions
a spoon of curry powder
1 pint of vegetable stock
salt and pepper

Method:
Chop up the butternut squash, potatoes and onions. Add to a pan, add the stock and curry powder & a bit of salt & pepper and boil for around 20 minutes or until tender.

Pumpkin Soup
Syns per serving: Syn Free on Green & Extra Easy

Ingredients:
400g of pumpkin flesh, cut into cubes
1 large onion, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 flat teaspoon of curry powder, mild or medium strength
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 pints of chicken or vegetable stock

Method:
Cut up all the ingredients into small chunks, add the stock and simmer on a medium light for 30-40 minutes or until everything is soft. Transfer to a blender to make into a thick hearty soup

Leek & Potato Soup
Syns per serving: Free on Green & Extra Easy

Ingredients:
3 large potatoes
1 large leek
1 large onion
garlic powder
1 pint of vegetable stock
salt & pepper
Chives to garnish

Method:
Chop up all the ingredients into bite size chunks, add to a large saucepan, add the vegetable stock, a bit of garlic, salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes or until soft.
Transfer to a blender and serve!

Thanks for these recipes. I'm hoping these are going to kick start my weight loss and get back to target quickly after the xmas excesses!!

Ooh - these recipes look yummy!

Just menu planning & preparing my shopping list for the next week or so and I think a couple of these will be featuring highly.

Cheers

Dickiec xx

Thanks a lot for these recipes :)

One question- the tomato, onion and red lentil soup - when did you add the celery as mine took an age to cook when I threw it in with everything else?

Please if possible could you post the broccoli and Stilton or the thread have enjoyed you're recipes thanks
I've got a speed soup in the slow cooker now!!
It was a bit of a trial ( and what I had in the veg dept!!) one onion leek sweet pot squash carrot swede a chicken and a veg stock Will see what it taste like 2morrow when I switch it on!!
X

Please if possible could you post the broccoli and Stilton or the thread have enjoyed you're recipes thanks
I've got a speed soup in the slow cooker now!!
It was a bit of a trial ( and what I had in the veg dept!!) one onion leek sweet pot squash carrot swede a chicken and a veg stock Will see what it taste like 2morrow when I switch it on!!
X

Hope you enjoy the soup :)

To make broccoli and Stilton I used a whole broccoli, chopped it and put into a pan with some water to cover, added a veg oxo cube, once cooked, blend and add the HEA choice of Stilton or any chance you wish to add :) xxx

Thanks for thatxx
I made some "onion relish" SYN free it a big hit very tasty and it made 2lb I made 4 smaller jars so that they will keep for a long time if sterilised jars are use and that it's potted and sealed while hot!!also did the same for a pot of SYN free lemon curd so in all had a cooking afternoon !!
Will have a chat with you soon
X

lasereyes said:
Just made the leek and potato soup in my new soup maker. It was so delicious I had to have a second bowl. Well stuffed now :)

Ooohh what soup maker have you got and is it worth getting one??

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

MrsWilsoncroft said:
I want a soup maker too xxx

I saw a special offer on one in the SW magazine

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back