Soup

Im not sure about ready made soups being syn free. I always make my own but I know there are a few that you can use as HEXB's. Your book should tell you more - red day - 208g serving of baxters healthy choice soup Italian bean and pasta, veg soup, carrot and butter bean, spicy parsnip.
300g baxters favourites scotch veg soup with lamb
320g serving of baxters healthy choice soup chicken and veg, lentil and veg,minestrone with wholemeal pasta,veg soup, tomatoe and butterbean.

green day - same

soups for syns -
the lowest i can see in my book - low cal chicken, mushroom, tomatoe veg per 100g = 1.5 syns

there are plenty others going higher in syns

Fresh soups, in general, are bizarrely really high in syns! I know as I just looked one up on calculator and it seemed quite innocuous but was 9 syns for half the carton! Also, according to syns online you can't use a free food allowance towards soups - I just don't get this!

Best off to make your own, hun!

I make a leek and potato soup - leeks, onions, potatoes, stock, seasoning. Simmer until vegetables are soft, then liquidise half of it until smooth, stir it back into the other half and reheat. If you want a smooth soup then liquidise all of it; if you like it thinner then just serve as it is when cooked. A really nice addition is some freshly grated nutmeg.

Easy, free and can be frozen. I haven't mentioned quantities because I just use what I have - but a good sized potato, 2-3 leeks and a small onion should make you two portions.

i just made a thread...i have found soup packs in asda - with nothing but veggies/herbs in them - £1 each. i spied a potato and leek one in there, and im just waiting for a carrot and coriander one to cook...!!
hope this may help you xxx

Ive just been caught out with that too. Bought some low fat fresh soup in Asda.... 12.5 syns for the carton :eek:

Back