Soup

I made the cauliflower and cheese soup from the SW little book of soups, cheap, easy and delicious....it made 5 servings

recipe if you haven't got the book

1 large onion finely chopped
1/2 tsp smoked paprika (we used plain)
saute together with frylight until soft
add 550g cauliflower chopped (practically a full one)
800ml of vegetable stock
salt n pepper to taste and simmer until soft or tender
take off heat and add 10 extra light cheese triangles (this makes it 2.5 syns per serving (4 servings) or you could adapt using HEA or HEB
blend until smooth

serve with a sprinkle of paprika

we used 8 Aldi light cheese triangles so probably more syns

either way it was delicious and will definitely make it again

I love butternut squash and red pepper soup. It is as simple as it sounds just start by firing off some onions and then adding the other veg. Add spices to taste

The beauty of the soup maker is not having to fry off the onion etc - it's just soooo quick and easy! :D

On the soup menu this week is Roasted Butternut Squash and Red Pepper (with rosemary, thyme and a chilli kick), more Cauliflower and Brussels Sprout Cheese soup (a firm favourite with everyone who's tasted it so I doubt I'll get to freeze any of that), Boxing Day Soup (leftover veggies from the Sunday roast with a hint of curry), Carrot and Coriander and Pea and Ham.

So many soups, so few days in the week!! lol :D

I'm not usually a big fan of soup but we've made this Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup a few times recently and it's delicious.

1 Pack Bacon with fat trimmed off and cut into pieces (or however much you want)
1 Onion
2 Garlic Cloves (we use the frozen garlic cubes)
1 Red Chilli (again we use 1 frozen chilli cube)
1 Large Butternut Squash cut into cubes
1 Litre Vegetable Stock
Thyme

Fry the bacon pieces in a large pot and then remove them from the pan.
Fry the onion for a couple of minutes then add the squash, chilli, garlic and thyme with the stock.
Bring to the boil and then let simmer for 20-30 minutes (until the squash is tender).
Blend using a hand blender and then add the bacon pieces back in.

I also like this simple Tomato & Red Pepper Soup

1 Bag Cherry Tomotaoes
1 Red Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Red Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
500ml Veg Stock
Mixed Herbs/Oregano

Chop Peppers and Onion and place all veg on a baking tray.
Roast in oven for 25-30 mins.
Add veg to pan with about 500ml stock (not quite enough to cover all veg).
Bring to boil and simmer for 10 mins.
Blend together and add mixed herbs or oregano and season to taste.

You can also seive the mixture to get rid of the seeds etc before adding the seasoning/herbs if you like a smoother consistency.

Oh that looks different. I'll give it a go, thanks x

Back