1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Soup

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by MrsKing, 24 January 2013 Social URL.

1. MrsKing

MrsKing Well-Known Member

Does anyone know any filing tasty soup recepies for lunch ideas ? Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Angie2610

Angie2610 Member

The Pea and ham soup is really tasty and filling. Ive meade it twice this week, yummy! :) x

4. Will Be Slim In 2013

Will Be Slim In 2013 Active Member

tomato soup

2 tins of tomatoes
    1 tin of beans
    1 tin of carrots (drained)
    a stock cube
    a pickled onion
    half a pint of water

blend up everything together and its done! its best to sieve it though as i found it to be grainy if you don't.

5. MrsKing

Thanks for that , wi def try both recipes, lots of soup making this weekend ;)

6. mollydog

mollydog Well-Known Member

Carrot, squash, sweet potato and onion is delish. I don't do exact quantities but this week it was 6 carrots, one squash, 3sweet potatoes and an onion with a couple of veg stock cubes. Simmer til cooked and blitz. A wee bit coriander would've finished it for me but its not everyone's taste. It was filling and syn free!
    M x

7. MrsKing

Oh that sounds lovely and filling with give that one a go , thanks x

8. R.G

R.G Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a recipe for cauliflower soup please ??

9. Radiccio

Radiccio Member

There is a thread that has lots of soup recipes but can't find it, has anyone got the link? Thanks

10. BigApples

BigApples Well-Known Member

I make a lovely veg soup that is nice and filling.

1 onion,
    1 leek
    3 pieces celery
    3-4 carrots
    1-2 potatoes
    thyme
    worchestshire sauce
    handful red lentils
    stock cube 3-4 chicken and veg

I eat it chunky or blitzed depending on mood, I leave the skins on everything for extra fibre, and the lentils really thicken up the soup.

Pearl barley is actually great for thickening up soups and stews as well, and is syn free.

I make up my own soups as i go along, with whatever is left in the fridge.

11. AngieCharlie

AngieCharlie Member

I can't wait to start making soup again - I've really missed it during the summer and if I have to eat another salad again this year... well!!!

12. Shadow14uk

Shadow14uk Active Member

Think it's starting to be soup weather!

13. Kay003

Kay003 Well-Known Member

Has SW got a book on soups ? Has anyone tried any of them out ? I love soups, was thinking of buying one of the books to get me inspired for winter :D.

Kay xx

14. DonnaMT66

DonnaMT66 Well-Known Member

There's a really nice recipe for minestrone in one of Nigella's books. I put it in my blog on here a while back, and there's a picture on there too, but copied and pasted here. Would be nice with some left over shredded chicken instead of the parmesan too
    a mixture of green veg - I used 1 courgette, 1 leek, a bunch of spring greens and around 100g of fine green beans
    100g of pasta
    1 litre of veg stock made from a cube
    salt and pepper
    fry light or olive oil

Slice the veg finely: quarter the leek and courgette lengthways and then chop up into nice little cubes. Fry these in a heavy pan sprayed with fry light or add a spoonful of olive oil (6.5 syns per tbspn) and cook gently for around five minutes. Shred the cabbage and cut the beans in half or smaller if you prefer - you won't be pureeing this soup - put these in the pan for another five minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to suit. In the meantime put the kettle on and make up the stock. I used two cubes for mine. Pour the stock into the pan with the veg and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently with a lid on for around 20 minutes. Add some pasta - you can get nice little soup pasta, or use whatever you have in. Cook for another 10 minutes. Leave to cool with the lid off before serving.

The soup is really fresh tasting. I sprinkled mine with some parmesan, which worked very well (1.5 syns per tbspn). If you leave off the cheese and avoid the olive oil it would be syn free on ee and green.​

15. Kay003

Kay003 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for sharing the recipe :D .

Kay xx

16. DonnaMT66

DonnaMT66 Well-Known Member

I love making soup, especially easy if you have a pressure cooker and stick blender. I usually fry all my veg in a good glug of olive oil before blasting them in the pressure cooker, but yesterday I skipped that stage. Chopped and dropped 1 onion, 1 sweet peeled sweet potato, 3 carrots, 2 cloves of garlic, in the pressure cooker with cold water, dried mixed herbs, s&p and a stock cube. Cooked for 10 minutes once the button on the cooker had popped up. It went lovely and thick when I whizzed it with the stick blender and wasn't bad at all. Did miss the taste of olive oil a bit, but saved a good lot of syns I reckon so had a really big bowlful. Would have been nice with a capsicum and some chilli too maybe? Would be happy to cook it like that again

17. chocko1

chocko1 Well-Known Member

That sounds good, Donna. I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy

18. chocko1

CHILLI CHICKEN SOUP

Syn Free

400g skinless chicken breasts, diced
    1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
    1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
    2 x 400g tins of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
    200g passata
    300ml water
    One and a half teaspoons chilli powder or to taste
    Half a tbsp. of dried parsley
    1 small clove of garlic, crushed
    Quarter of a tsp cayenne pepper
    Quarter of a tsp ground cumin

Spray a large pan well with Frylight and cook the chicken, peppers and onion, over a medium heat, until the chicken is brown and the peppers, just tender. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, passata and water. Season with the chilli powder, parsley, garlic, cayenne and cumin. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.

19. bilsat

bilsat Really likes to cook

I have several soup recipes, follow the link below.
    Pete

20. chocko1

CHUNKY POTATO AND BEAN SOUP - Serves 4

1.5 Syns per serving.

1 tbsp. olive oil - 6 Syns
    2 cloves of garlic, crushed
    1 carrot, diced
    1 stick of celery, sliced
    600g potatoes, peeled and diced
    400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    One and a half tsp dried mixed herbs
    1 vegetable stock cube
    850ml water
    2 tsp tomato puree
    2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley

Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the garlic, carrot, celery and potatoes for 3-4 minutes.
    Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
    Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Season to taste and sprinkle with the parsley to serve.

I have done this before using Frylight, instead of olive oil but it doesn't cook or taste quite as good - only my opinion, of course! :) I've also tried blending it and that works just as well as leaving it chunky.

21. RebekahR

RebekahR Well-Known Member

Made pepper tomato soup last night

Handful frozen pepper
    Frozen onion
    Two carton passata
    Celery salt
    stock

Simmer and blitz
    Super cheap and scummy :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app