Soup

Eddie

Evening All.
I wondered if anybody had some nice soup recipes -mine are always a disaster.
Nxx

From my days of slimming world this is a recipe I use to use, and now still make for the family!

6/8 carrots, small swede, (or buy a bag of ready diced carrots and swede either fresh or frozen)
large onion chopped
bag of cauliflower and broccoli florets
3 large potatoes chopped
tin of chopped tomatoes
tin of baked beans
herbs
couple of veg stock cubes

boil all of ingredients, in a large cauldron size saucepan, until veg well cooked. Liquidise and beautiful thick soup for all the family. Tastes even better the next day as flavours enhanced.

I use any veg I have in the kitchen or that are cheap at the supermarket. If you put it in the fridge when cool it lasts for a few days ... if the family leave it that long! Hope you enjoy!

Our recipe below is for the traditional Burns Night starter Cock-a-leekie. Deliciously Free, you’ll be cock-a-hoop about this satisfying soup!
Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
Free on Original and Green*
*Add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 skinless chicken quarters
2 pts/1.1l chicken stock made with Bovril
Bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme and parsley)
4 leeks
salt and pepper
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley

[/FONT][/FONT]1. Place the chicken quarters in a pan with the stock and bouquet garni. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Discard the bouquet garni, remove the chicken and set aside.
3. Finely shred the leeks, add to the hot stock, season well and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Dice the chicken, add to the soup and simmer for a further 10 minutes, until the leeks are tender. Serve sprinkled with parsley.

mexican soup

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Serves: 6
Syns per serving:
1 Syns on Green

[/FONT]1 onion, chopped
Mushrooms, chopped
2 rashers of lean bacon, chopped
Fry Light
1 Mexican flavour Oxo cube
1 400g can red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
1 400g can baked beans
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 red pepper, chopped
A handful or two of pasta

1. Gently fry the onion, mushrooms and chopped bacon using Fry Light until they are softened and the bacon starts to brown.
2. Place all the ingredients, except the pasta into a deep saucepan or casserole pot, along with the stock cube. Top the pan up with water.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes then add the pasta and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes.

Yum - I'm so going to make that mexican one today! Thanks.

Also, a gorgeous soup is spicey parsnip, but parsnips are a bit out of season at the moment (don't they have to be frosted first?) so I'll post it later in the year x

Back