Soup?!!!

Daiseydoo

is looking forward
Hello there lovely people i'm brand spanking new to this diet and for my first week ive decided to do the tetra packs as I work 2 jobs and im in rehearsals for a show and have no time to breathe let alone blend milkshake.
I would like to try the soups though as I miss the feeling of eating something savoury and I would like to know which ones are the most tasty as i'm not a huge fan of soup really
love reading all you're comments and so happy for all you 'losers'- in the good sense i swear :p

Hi Daisydoo welcome to CD, wishing you lots of loss in the coming weeks.

I'd say try all the soups as what I like wouldn't necessary appeal to you... I've actually gone off the soup at the moment.

I know you are really busy but would you not have time to blend a shake first thing in the morning and that would give you bigger range to choose from.

Hi,
I have to say that I tried the soups but didnt enjoy very much - would say my favourite was the oriental chilli - was completely different to what I expected but they did make me feel sick, so this week I havent got any and plan to avoid them for a while, however remember everyone is different and you make love them. Have you considered buying one of the hand shakers, I bought one from my cdc last night as I was finding it a struggle fitting in being able to blend my shakes and it is brilliant. It has the measurments and everything you need and at least that why you can try all of them you only need to have the packet with you and access to water - which I presume you must have to drink the required amount. Let me know how you get on and good luck. I start my second week in the morning and I'm feeling great.

Good luck Daisy on starting the diet. You'll love the results, look what Tinkerbella lost on week 1. I prefer the soups cos they are savoury. I don't love them or anything though. I despise the brocoli and cheese but like the rest. But everyone's different. The porridge is my favourite though and you feel like you're eating with that. But you need a microwave. Let us know how you get on. x

I love the spicy tomato flavour and also like the chicken and mushroom and the veg. The oriental chilli flavour is strange but I'm going to give it a second go cos there's pieces of soya in it and it was quite filling. Hated the potato and leek & the cheese and broccoli! Bleugghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't tried any of the soups, but have an Oriental Chilli to try this week. I don't really like things like cup a soup and so have been dreading trying the soups. We only get 3 shakes a day and so having to eat one I don't like would suck :rolleyes::rolleyes: but I'm going to be brave tonight I think.

It seems Chicken and Mushroom is quite popular, but I think it's just trial and error really.

:wavey: Hi guys thankyou for all your comments. I think i'll try a couple and see how I get on and I think getting a hand shaker sounds like a plan really as I find the readymade drinks quite thick to drink.
My 1st weigh in is on saturday a day later cause i have to work 16 hour shifts all week which sucks but i'm optimistic.
My only problem at the moment is ive had a headache for about 18 hours now that wont shift and i've drank so much water I REALLY hope this passes otherwise I may have to look at doing ss+
:break_diet:

Hi Daiseydoo, The headache is probably just carb withdrawal. I had the same when I first started the Atkins diet a few years back. It shouldn't last more than a few days though. Working such long shifts won't help either so just take it as easy as you can inbetween shifts.

If after a few more days it's still really hard, then talk to your CDC about going up to SS+. I think the weight losses are similar and you could always drop back down again once you are in the swing of things!

I started feeling great on day 4 and have had no side effects (apart from weight loss) since then.

Hi Daisydoo, hope you got rid of the headache. Everyone is so different in what tastes OK but good luck in finding what works for you. You might want to talk to your CDC again, if you are doing a strenuous show and working etc you might get a bit too low on energy. Just a thought.

I had a terrible headache for the first 2 days of being on CD and I felt awful. No energy, weak and generally uncomfortable but, on day 5, I really perked up and now I feel great so hang on in there - the good times WILL roll!!!
Ps - you can add water to the tetrabriks if they're too thick for you. xxx

I hate the soups! They're powdery and watery and sick! The oriental chilli tastes like the broth in a pot noodle and I can just about stomach that but the otheres especially mushroom, I find inedible. Try them out as others like em but they're not for me. X

I actually like pretty much all the flavours of the soups & shakes apart from Fruits of the Forest. The plain porridge was like eating wallpaper paste (not have I ever have:D) but the Apple & Cinneman is OK and I have that a couple of times a week for Breakfast as a change. My favourite soup is Oriental Chilie and favourite shake Butterscotch and Toffee and Walnut. I think it's worth trying any of the flavours at least once though:)

Back