Soups... Any fresh recipes?

dub89

Hi guys,

Love making the 0 soups but has anyone new/different recipes? Getting a bit fed up with just veg

All appreciated!

Thanks

Butternut squash, red pepper & onion. All chopped up and brought to the boil in veg stock, simmered then blended, yum!

Spinach and broccoli, same idea. Sounds strange and looks weird but is actually likely, can use a triangle of extra light cheese to make it creamier, altho it's pretty creamy already!

Love free soup!

Saint-penfold said:
Butternut squash, red pepper & onion. All chopped up and brought to the boil in veg stock, simmered then blended, yum!

Spinach and broccoli, same idea. Sounds strange and looks weird but is actually likely, can use a triangle of extra light cheese to make it creamier, altho it's pretty creamy already!

Love free soup!

Ooh they sound nice!!

TOMATO SOUP!!

2 tins chopped toms
3large carrots
1lrg onion
1/2 pint chicken stock
Squirt of tom puree
2x garlic cloves
Chilli flakes if u like it spicy

Boil in pot till veg softened then blitz. AMAZIN SOUP!!

I've just discovered a real tasty version of 0 points Carrot & Coriander soup. I was mucking about and came up with a spicier version!!

1.5kg carrots(I buy Sainsbury's Basics big bag)-leave the skins on but take off the heads.
2 large onions
2 Knorr Ham stock cubes (any stock of choice really)
The magic ingredient!!-1.5 tbsps of medium curry powder
Generous handful of chopped fresh coriander

I just throw the stock cubes into a big soup pan with the carrots and onions roughly chopped. Add the curry powder then cover with boiling water. Let it cook away until carrots and onion are soft, blitz with hand blender or whatever you use to blend. Tear up coriander and bob's your uncle!!

jambo said:
TOMATO SOUP!!

2 tins chopped toms
3large carrots
1lrg onion
1/2 pint chicken stock
Squirt of tom puree
2x garlic cloves

That sounds delish-going to give that a try and the butternut squash soup with peppers. This site is just brilliant!!

these all sound brilliant, I love red thai soup but wondering if anyone has ideas on how to make it less points?

jambo said:
TOMATO SOUP!!

2 tins chopped toms
3large carrots
1lrg onion
1/2 pint chicken stock
Squirt of tom puree
2x garlic cloves

Is dis soup free.. Im love tomato soup yummy

Trish :) This weight loss journey is for me :-D

Back