Soups- best way to make them

DanielleOD

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone have any tips on how to make the soups?

I like the tomato one but I never seem to make it right and end up wasting them :(

With the tomato one you are supposed to add cold water to make a thick paste then add the hot water and mix it slowly until powder all gone - I dont like the tomato one but chicken& mush, veg and pot and leek are yummy which I just put water on top of powder and mix til all powder dissolved. Hope thats some help ;)

Thanks Joanna, does the vegetable one have 'bits' in?

So you think I could blend the soup in a kitchen blender? Wasn't sure because of the hot water :s

I dont use a blender with soups just a folk to mix them with - I think most have small bits in. HOw you getting on??

Not too good finding it a bit hard but think that work is making it harder this time around. Will keep battling with it though.

How are you getting on? X

Had first wi in today and lost 7lb but had a sneaky cuppa and chocolate so back on it tom with 100% commitment!

Wow well done Hun that's great. I slipped up too so like you am back on it tomorrow 100% :)

How you doing? I feel totally committed to it today!

The same as you I've had a good day. Just has my second shake and am just about to finish my second litre of water.

Am just keeping myself busy which is working well.

I'm glad your committed today its a good feeling isn't it?! I just hope last night doesn't mean that I won't have a loss on Monday as I really wanted to lose 4lbs, I guess I've only got myself to blame if I don't

You ok?

How much you lost so far. My weigh in isn't til next Sat. Not sure what to expect my weight loss to be for week 2. Its a good feeling. I have soup for lunch which isn't as nice as shake but don't want to have too many shakes and get bored of them.
Beginning to feel hungry again but water seems to stop it!

My soup recipe and method

When I make soup I put some water in the kettle and heat it until steam starts coming from the spout, I then pour the water into a 1 litre size measuring jug up to the 270ml mark. I then shake in the soup mix, add a heaped tsp of Cambridge fibre, a tsp of chilli powder and a few twists of black pepper and then blend with a hand / stick blender for a minute or so. Finally, I pour the soup into a pre-heated bowl and serve. If there is any mix left in the measuring jug, I just add a little more hot water, swirl around and pour the extra into the bowl, stir and enjoy. Serve with a large glass of water. :D

I must try the soups next week, sounds lovely, Only on the shakes at the
min.

I am totally loving the shakes!!! I'd drink them even of I wasn't dieting lol! I use more water than it says on the pack to give some volume, then i add a few ice cubes and then mix with a high power hand blender which crushes the ice into the shake and I end up with a big, thick, creamy, delicious shake! Yummy!

Wagglestaff said:
It is the flavour I don't like. I only liked the banana and chocolate mint. So now they are the only 2 I am gonna have alongside the soups until I can have the bars :) Good luck to you, you sound like you are enjoying it already

Thanks, I am! Although truth be told I have it easier than most of you cos I'm single and don't live with a family who I have to shop for and feed, which must make it a lot harder.

The big tests for me are coming up with business trip to various conferences the highlights of which involve some grand gala dinners and award ceremonies and I just can't think of how I am supposed to sit through those just drinking water?!?

I blend all the soups bar the Tom one as you aren't supposed to. I boil the kettle, set aside 8fl oz and let it cool for a minute or two. Then I add the powder and whizz until thick then add a twist of black pepper and whizz again for a couple of seconds. I don't like the leek and pot soup but the rest I think are lovely xo

I didn't realise the tom one isn't supposed to be blended, Woooops ! Off to choose which one to try for lunch x

Back