soups into crisps

leanne 777

can anyone tell me how u make the soups into crisps as iv ready a couple of time nw that people av ad them like this.

can anyone tell me how u make the soups into crisps as iv ready a couple of time nw that people av ad them like this.

Your supposed to eat them within 15 mins, to get all the nutrition in the packs. If you cook the soups and turn them into crisps, you would not be getting all the nutrition.

However people do cook their packs on the cambridge diet, and the same above rule applies. So I would suggest that you dont do it often and take supplements for when you do.

I do think after learning my own lesson, from a cooking experiment that its best to stick to having the packs as they are

Heres the link -

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/2518-recipes-foodpack-muffin-crisps-fudge-cake.html

Crisps

Ingredients :
1 VLCD Savoury Pack
Tabasco Red (Optional)
Black Pepper (Optional)
Utensils :
Baking parchment
Small Spoon
Bowl
Method :
1. Assemble the ingredients and utensils.

2. Put all the ingredients into a bowl.

3. Open the tap to more than a trickle but not full flow.

4. Add some water to the bowl and stir vigorously.

5. Keep stirring until the mixture is like puree.

6. The consistency should finally be like this.

7. Take the parchment and using the spoon put a little blob on mixture on the paper.

8. Evenly space out other mixture around the parchment paper.

9. Microwave for 1 minute 25 seconds in a 900 watt microwave (adjust for your microwave)

10. Allow them to cool before removing from the parchment.

11. Repeat until all mixture is used up. You should be able to make a minimum of 30 crisps from a pack.

I've never seen the point in that why do a TFR then turn your packs into food

u think if u did the choc 1 they would b like biscutes

might give it a try, will let u no how it goes.

Cooking some of the packs - making, say, savoury pate from half a soup pack, and crisps to dip from the other half - can be a tasty way to stave off boredom. Likewise making a pack into a thick paste and spreading it on greaseproofed paper - a chocolate-bar shape - then freezing until solid. Can be nibbled like a choc bar! Or making a muffin, which can be a great substitute for a sweet cake.

Sheer boredom with pack flavours and textures has been the undoing of many a diet. I tried a couple of times to make crisps but couldn't quite get the hang of it lol. I should have persevered!

Starlight said:
I've never seen the point in that why do a TFR then turn your packs into food
Actually I do see the point. In my 1st week I was getting so bored of drinking everything (other than the bar) that I longed for something I could get my teeth into, so it did serve a temporary purpose for me. Admittedly aswell I was struggling to consume it as a soup as it made me feel sick, and so by making into a poppadom it made it a little more pleasurable to consume. But I always always ate these within 10 mins. It's good to do for an occasional snack and afterall variety is the spice of life.

I disagree I must admit. Im doing this as a TFR to avoid things like crisps/cakes etc.. I want to have just the packs the way theyre meant to be had - to take away the temptation of junk food. To me, converting the packs into 'food' and damaging them in the process totally defeats the purpose of doing a shakes diet

No matter how quickly you eat them, the packs still lose nutrients etc if theyre microwaved/cooked in anyway

Back