Soupy soups, opinions please?

Pingu6

Gold Member
Hello lovely people

I'm nearly coming to the end of my exante stash and cd bars (finally after a lot of faffing about!) I'm going to order a new box in about two weeks, so my options are to order a mixed bumper pack and attempt the soups (eeeek) or another shakes only and tesco bars?
Just wondered what you think of all the soups and what you would do? I don't like soups much anyway but right now I'm craving savoury stuff so it could be a nice change. Plus it makes more sense to order a mixed pack cost wise.
I'm a vegetarian so a bit nervous about the Thai chicken, even though I know all products are vegetarian.

Thank you :)

Ello, the soups are brill - I ordered an entire pack of soups for next month, I put pepper and hot sauce into them and it just makes a WORLD of difference. The chicken soup doesn't REALLY taste like chicken, its a bit strange, its tasty though - my favourite flavour is the veg soup though, followed closely by the tomato!

AaronCampbell said:
Ello, the soups are brill - I ordered an entire pack of soups for next month, I put pepper and hot sauce into them and it just makes a WORLD of difference. The chicken soup doesn't REALLY taste like chicken, its a bit strange, its tasty though - my favourite flavour is the veg soup though, followed closely by the tomato!

Ooh reassuring thanks Aaron, love chilli and hot pepper sauce, think I've made up my mind. :)

Princess_Ames said:
The Veg, mushroom and tomato soup are beautiful!!! The chicken one is minging! :giggle:

Lol better get in some sauce and chilli flakes to disguise the taste just in case.
Am I allowed to add peanut butter to em? Ok I'm kidding, I could live on pb and cheese! :D

The soups are great, at first I wasn't so a keen but now I love them, just to balance things up I love the chicken one best! Controversial I know lol.xx

I really like the soups, vegtable comes 1st, then mushroom then tomato then the chicken, but all are worth ordering for :)

I lve gne soups. Thai chicken then mushroom are favourites. I add garlic and chilli powder to all. White pepper also.

I hate all the soups :( They make me feel ill, they're all frothy and weird!
I just stick to the shakes and ultraslim bars.

That's why i didn't like the Thai Chicken one... it was foamy :jelous: I hand whisked the others and they have been lovely and smooth and flat. I find putting a bit of extra hot water in helps too.

I love the chicken soup!!! Am going off the mushroom one, so am adding piri piri spice and black pepper, makes a change.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bizarre. I don't really like the shakes and I'm living on the soups and bars. I had tomato for lunch today and it was soooo nice I was going to post about it. I really like the Thai chicken cos it has a hint of heat but I have to admit that I wouldn't identify it as chicken in a blind taste test. There are little bits of red pepper in it that are v tasty to chew. the veg is lovely with tiny bits of carrot at the end. The mushroom.........I can't say much cos I don't like mushroom soup anyway. The shakes are bareable but don't satisfy the need for taste which IMO the soups do. The bumper pack is great I think. Certainly great value. I'm in Ireland and tescos charge €6.80 (about £5.90) for the choc crisp bars and €7.20 (about £6.10) for the rasp bars. Not good value at all in comparison. Wonder how much they are in UK.

belle

Thanks everyone for your opinion, have made a decision to order the bumper pack, savoury taste buds need satisfying! :) plus I get to have a bit of chilli in them sigh :D

My mum has just picked me up some of the choc u/s bars today and thay were on offer 2 boxes for £3.50 :)

Get out of here foodjunkie. Two packs???? For 3.50. That's like 4.20 euro. OMG Tescos are robbing the Irish!! ( but to be honest we knew that already - tescos m&s debenhams monsoon. All their stuff is like double the price here). That's why we drive to Belfast occasionally. Plus there's a big asda there I can get the BL bars in!!!

Belle

Last edited:
Back