South West Meet Up - Bath Spa (14th April)

Thanks Mich

Did you see the Canal Boat. Can you imagine us lot on that? :rotflmao:

Dizzy x

Yes I did - it looked great....:D

My mum said I should have been a travel agent as I am now trawling through accommodation in Bath for you to look and - and I'm not even coming....LOL - I would be but we have friends staying for the weekend....:(

I'll be back in a bit with some more.....;)

I put a post on bath.co.uk asking for ideas, had 1 reply saying the assembly inn.....so im not sure what this place is like.

Well it looks like all bar one is the venue nut will wait for Dizzy to confirm it and what time we will meet.

Myself, Sam and Karen will be deciding where we are going to stay overnight, we want to go out in the evening......wahoooooo

All Bar One looks like a very suitable venue and easy to find very central. Sonya as you are probably travelling quite far what time do you think you can make it? I can make any time. How about everyone else?

Dizzy x

Well we can leave early it should take 2-2 1/2 hrs depending on traffic so just say a time and we will be there.

Me , Karen and Lucky have just booked our room !!!!!

We have also came up with the thought that we should all do the Bus Tour ! How much fun this would be , the tour guide would not know what had hit him LOL

Might not be time for that for those coming for just a few hours. Those that stop over may like to do it on Sunday Morning. How much does it cost?

I haven't done the bus tour so don't mind doing it but we definitely need time to chat and get to know each other better.

Happy to go along with the concensus.

Who wants to do a bus tour as a group? When do you think we should do it? What time should we first meet up on the Saturday?

I know you three would have a fab time in Bath even if no one else turned up! Heaven Forbid!

Hope it's a nice day on 14th April.

Dizzy x

Me , Karen and Lucky have just booked our room !!!!!

We have also came up with the thought that we should all do the Bus Tour ! How much fun this would be , the tour guide would not know what had hit him LOL

We did the bus tour - it was good - although it was raining so we had to sit downstairs.....:( You get little headphones to listen to the running commentary of the guide..... you'll have great fun....

They will take you to I think it's called Royal Crescent and it is where they filmed the scene in the original Oliver film where they sang 'Who will buy......' -

Also go to the Sally Lunn museum - it's only tiny but interesting too..... (she created the Sally Lunn bun!!)

Have a great time girls.....:D

Dizzy
IreneH
Sonkie
Karen
Wannabeminime
Mustdoit

Georgiasmum
Lucky
Mummydebbie
Tatty
Eclipse296
Devonbabe
Biggirlsam
Cah-Ching
Wendy
Dibspl

This is the current list I think! I have taken off the couple that I know have confirmed they can no longer make it. I have bolded all those who I know are definitely intending to come.

Please can you check the list and let us know your plans. How long are you planning to stay for? Do you need help with accommodation? What's the earliest time you can make a meet up so we can arrange what time we meet? Do you want to meet up again in the evening?

If your name is not on the list and you'd like to come. Please let us know the more the merrier.

Thanks all.

Dizzy x

We did the bus tour - it was good - although it was raining so we had to sit downstairs.....:( You get little headphones to listen to the running commentary of the guide..... you'll have great fun....

They will take you to I think it's called Royal Crescent and it is where they filmed the scene in the original Oliver film where they sang 'Who will buy......' -

Also go to the Sally Lunn museum - it's only tiny but interesting too..... (she created the Sally Lunn bun!!)

Have a great time girls.....:D

Sounds good! How log did the bus tour take Mich?

Dizzy x

Have looked up the price of the bus tour. Looks like it is £9. I think it's great for anyone who wants to do this at the end of the meet up or on the Sunday. I would not want anyone to not come to the meetup though because they cannot afford to, that would be a shame. By April the days will be long and so a late afternoon bus trip would be fine.

Also I noticed the tesco clubcard sign so if you have clubcard vouchers you may be able to pay with them. Worth checking out!

Dizzy x

We are staying at the Pulteney hotel, we are sharing a family size room for £110 for the three of us for the night.

Well I havent laughed so much for ages, Sam and Karen had me crying with laughter. Think that we will do the tour later as you say Dizzy just getting to Bath will be enough for some people. We are flexible with the time for meeting up, what time does all bar one open....lol.

Sounds good! How log did the bus tour take Mich?

Dizzy x

About an hour..... and we asked the driver how much and it was around £9 but he gave us a special rate - cost around £7 - don't know if that was cos it was raining - worth being cheeky though.....;)

You can get on and off the bus too it there was an area you wanted to see in more detail......

ask them if they do a discount for cash lol.

im looking forward to it!

theres room in my car for 2 more if anyone wants to come from plymouth or jump in on the way. i do have to stress tho...we r staying overnight and coming back sunday so you'd need to be staying if u wanna come back with us.

anyone who wants to hop in with us can PM me. i swear im a good driver! er-hem

Dizzy
IreneH
Sonkie
Karen
Wannabeminime
Mustdoit
Georgiasmum
Lucky
Mummydebbie
Tatty
Eclipse296
Devonbabe
Biggirlsam
Cah-Ching
Wendy
Dibspl

This is the current list I think! I have taken off the couple that I know have confirmed they can no longer make it. I have bolded all those who I know are definitely intending to come.

Please can you check the list and let us know your plans. How long are you planning to stay for? Do you need help with accommodation? What's the earliest time you can make a meet up so we can arrange what time we meet? Do you want to meet up again in the evening?

If your name is not on the list and you'd like to come. Please let us know the more the merrier.

Thanks all.

Dizzy x

If there are people staying over on saturday, we (myself, Sam and Karen) are planning on hitting the town.

I've checked my work rota and I'm not working :clap: :D

Would love to come along for lunch (well, not proper food, obviously!) and a natter followed by the bus tour :D

Great !! I'll bold you then.

Dizzy x

Back