South West Meet Up - Bath Spa (14th April)

I'm really sorry, I won't be able to join you all.
I convinced my fella to skip the match and take me away to Bath for the weekend, and then found out that the only weekend of the hols his Mam and sister could come down for the bridesmaids fitting is that weekend :(

Really sorry, but hope to meet you all again
Kitty xxx

The Pump Room in Bath IS posh and utterly gorgeous. But for those on a diet will not the temptation of cream teas, cake stands brimming with cream and chocolate cakes and mini savouries be too much?? It is a Georgian quintessentially English tea room so expect the worst when it comes to delicious, calorific food!

Anywhere we go there will be temptation, but being with others in the same situation will help.......!
I honestly dont mind where we meet.

:wavey:

I'm just down the road from Bath and would love to meet up :)

Sorry for being dim, but whats the plan? I've looked back through the thread but I'm still confused! I'm starting LL tomorrow so apart from foodpacks and water, won't be eating or drinking and I'm way too fat to brave the Spa :cry:

My shifts at work are due to change so at the moment I don't know for definite if I can make it, but as I'm only half an hour or so down the road, it would be great to meet you all :bliss:

Ahh Wendy! :wavey:

Welcome Welcome Welcome!

:bliss:

You are just the angel we needed. You are right nothing fixed has been decided. We really needed someone with local knowledge to advise us. Have you any good ideas of a meeting place?

:thankyou:

Dizzy x

:thankyou:

I guess we need somewhere that can accommodate a large group and we can stay for a long while without having to order huge meals.

Some people are travelling quite a distance and need to stop overnight too.

Dizzy x

:wavey:

I'm just down the road from Bath and would love to meet up :)

Sorry for being dim, but whats the plan? I've looked back through the thread but I'm still confused! I'm starting LL tomorrow so apart from foodpacks and water, won't be eating or drinking and I'm way too fat to brave the Spa :cry:

My shifts at work are due to change so at the moment I don't know for definite if I can make it, but as I'm only half an hour or so down the road, it would be great to meet you all :bliss:

It would be great to meet you, have you got any ideas where we could all meet.....?
Dont worry about being the only one ssing in Bath as myself and Karen will be so you wouldnt be alone.

Me either!

Years and Years. (I promise not to be too embarassing!)

Dizzy x

Airport

Sonke just put me onto this thread, i only read the first couple of pages then jumped to the end, did anyone mention to Irene that Bristol airport is actually quite a way from Bristol and probably a good hour drive from Bath?
Bath is my home town and i go back quite a lot - have to confess have never set foot in the pump room as always thought it was a bit too posh - you will probably need to dress up a bit i you want to meet there :rolleyes: What about Garfunkels or the huntsman in the town centre to meet - or there are quite a few hotels. All bar one is probably good to meet either lunch or evening

Yay you found it, Dizzy will get on to it I think ! Well I aint got a clue so it wont be down to me to decide, I will turn up wherever they decide....lol

Nightmare

Right, staying on this thread for the moment or i will be posting everywhere. What level of accommodation are you looking for? The york hotel is a travel lodge/inn right in the centre but no parking - thats a big issue in Bath. Central hotels tend to quite expensive naturally but there are loads of B&Bs. If you are driving - try Corsham (metheun arms does twin room £75) or Box - it's between Bath and Chippenham and about 15 mins out. Batheaston and Bathhampton are about 10 mins. Find a place you fancy and i can give you an idea how far it is or if a grot area (beware of steep hills ;)) In bath - newbridge road anywhere is out of town but ok area or wells road
By the way, if i come i will be staying chez mum and putting my feet up :D

If anyone is staying on the east side of Bath (Box, Corsham, Chippenham etc) let me know as I'll come along the A4 driving into Bath. (I'll need to double check my work rota!).

All Bar One is nice in Bath does get busy at lunchtimes but does have some big bench tables so more chance of everyone sitting together. There's a list of cafe's etc here: Delis, Cafes & Retail Refreshments - Visit Bath

I did look at the Bath Spa website but it looks like treatments etc are only available during the week, however, there is a visitor centre there where people can tour the place and drink the spa water (it all counts to our 4 litres, right ;) ). Link to their website Thermae Bath Spa, Britain's only natural thermal spa

I'll think some more and come back :)

Hi girls!

Just butting in on your meet-up thread:eek: I went to Bath with my girlfriends just before Christmas for our Annual weekend away.... we could only get booked into the Hilton - we had a triple room which worked out around £60 per night each - was a really nice big room - a massive double bed and a really good sized sofa put up bed - very comfy - might be worth ringing them see if they've any deals on.....

We had drinks in a really nice trendy place - think it was All Bar One (right in the town near where the bus tours leave from I think?)

Also, nightlife was OK - not mad but we went to quite a few bars and ended up at a nightclub which was really odd - odd in that it was like being in someone's very big front room as there was a fire place and a big bay window....LOL!!!! Good music though!!!

Anyway - hope you have a great time - Bath is beautiful and the bus tour is worth it too......

Thanks Mich and Wendy. All bar one sounds just the ticket!

I think to stay town centre Bath we need to have big pockets and act quick!

Dizzy x

Sorry, I didn't make sense in the beginning of my last post - what I meant was, if anyone is staying out of Bath and needs a lift in, let me know :)

I'd be up for coffee and a natter, but to be honest, I'm not ready for going to clubs yet :cry: and I can't leave the dogs too long as one needs tablets several times a day.

Agree though, All Bar One would be a good place for coffee and anyone eating - they do lovely food in there :D

Back