South West Meet Up - Bath Spa (14th April)

My fiance is in the navy (submarines) so I'm finally moving down as soon as I finish uni :D

We'll be looking for somewhere to rent so I'd love to pick your brains nearer the time on where is nice to live and where to avoid!

I'm really excited though, I do love the place, and leaving manchester will be a little easier now there's more shops!! lol

I was born and bred in Nottingham, and I wouldnt move back for anything, I love it down here.....see you soon ....lol

i think we ought to do a plymouth meet. just a day in town or a drink in the barbican or something. maybe sometime after bath? theres certainly enuff of us in plymouth to arrange a little meet for misspiggyfi!

off to the cinema with the kids so will be back a bit later....just incase anyone cares LOL :wave_cry:

i think we ought to do a plymouth meet. just a day in town or a drink in the barbican or something. maybe sometime after bath? theres certainly enuff of us in plymouth to arrange a little meet for misspiggyfi!

off to the cinema with the kids so will be back a bit later....just incase anyone cares LOL :wave_cry:

Ooooh yay! I'd like that, especially as my fiance sails shortly after I move down so I'll be all on my own, sob sob!!:cry:

And I hope you had a lovely time at the cinema lol

I was born and bred in Nottingham, and I wouldnt move back for anything, I love it down here.....see you soon ....lol

I can see why, I love it too. When I come down for weekends I don't want to leave!! Even the nightlife is better than anywhere I've been, a much friendlier atmosphere (you get loads of fights in manchester) I'm counting down the days!!

I just wish to be skinny by then, or at least a couple of stone lighter!!

I'd be interested in coming. Biggirlsam (although she aint big) promised me a good time in Bath ....

I haven't been to Bath yet to have a look around. But I think we should meet in the Town centre easy walk from Train Station. Someone suggested the Pumproom tea room. I may google that in a mo and see what it looks like.

I guess it's up to you where you stay what you want to do in the evening and how much you want to spend. It will be a lot more expensive to stay Bath centre but if you want to nightclub or something may be worth it. i know I looked up rooms in Chippenham and they were available for £15 a night.

If you or anyone else has any other ideas I am open to them as I am not around or familiar enough with Bath myself.

Dizzy x

List of those showing interest in Bath Spa Meet up 14th April

Dizzy
IreneH
Sonkie
Karen
Wannabeminime
Mustdoit
Georgiasmum
Lucky
Mummydebbie
Tashy100
KittyB
Tatty
Eclipse296
Devonbabe
Biggirlsam
Cah-Ching

We will have to go out after .....its gotta be done, you have yet to experience Sonya out on the town....lol

Hellloooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Has anyone come up with any ideas yet......we have to sort out accomodation etc.....!

You could take a look at travel lodge Chippenham it has £50 rooms available. Haven't heard from Irene lately she is another one who is coming a very long distance from what I remember. We could drive those that are using public transport if necessary. Maybe I should email all those who have expressed interest and ask what their plans are. I will try to do that tomorrow as about to go out and out tonight too.

You are right though this does need to be decided. I was hoping that some of those that lived closer whould have more ideas.

Dizzy x

oooo have a great day Dizzy
speak soon, have you decided on where u are staying yet ?
how long does it take to get to chippenham from bath...?

oooo have a great day Dizzy
speak soon, have you decided on where u are staying yet ?
how long does it take to get to chippenham from bath...?

Thanks Sonya

Just out for a coffee and cinema with a girlfriend. Will make a nice change though.

It takes 1/2 hour Bath to Chippenham. The travelodge at Chippenham is handy for the M4 for anyone getting home that way.

I'm going to Brum Meet MD. Probably just in the afternoon though. What about yourself? You should come to Bath though with OH as it's a beautiful place to spend a weekend.

Dizzy x

The Pump Room in Bath IS posh and utterly gorgeous. But for those on a diet will not the temptation of cream teas, cake stands brimming with cream and chocolate cakes and mini savouries be too much?? It is a Georgian quintessentially English tea room so expect the worst when it comes to delicious, calorific food!

Back