Southern-fried coating?

lucyolivia

Hi everyone,
Don't suppose anybody knows of, or has heard of, a syn-free/low syn version of the southern fried coating usually found on curly fries?

thanks x

Homepride to a 43 g sachet of southern fried coat & cook, but it is 9 syns.
However, if you split the packet into 3 or 4 servings, which it would do easily, it wouldn't be so bad.
BTW it is delicious!

lucyolivia said:
Hi everyone,
Don't suppose anybody knows of, or has heard of, a syn-free/low syn version of the southern fried coating usually found on curly fries?

thanks x

Picked up a tip on here ainsley harriott does a chilli cous cous 1 syn a 100 g packet coat your chicken in beaten egg then coat it in cous cous spray with fry lite bung in the oven !!! Divine lol :)

ainsley harriott does a chilli cous cous 1 syn a 100 g packet

The syn value on the AH cous cous is per 100g cooked weight rather than per packet. I'm not sure how you would work that out when you are using it dry rather than cooked though

Circes said:
The syn value on the AH cous cous is per 100g cooked weight rather than per packet. I'm not sure how you would work that out when you are using it dry rather than cooked though

Oh didn't realise :( will ask my leader going for weigh in today ...... Depends how much it makes 200 g = 2syns maybe? only used half a packet for 2 fillets :)

Anne2705 said:
Oh didn't realise :( will ask my leader going for weigh in today ...... Depends how much it makes 200 g = 2syns maybe? only used half a packet for 2 fillets :)

A thought could use plain cous cous and put chilli flakes and spices In surely that would be syn free ?? x

Back