Potato Bhaji

6 potatoes, peeled
2 or 3 green chillies
5 or 6 curry leaves
a pinch of turmeric
1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds
Frylight
salt to taste.

Place the potatoes into a large saucepan and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender enough to pierce with a fork, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and cut into cubes.

Heat the frylight in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds; cook and stir until they start to crackle, about 2 minutes. Stir in the turmeric, curry leaves and chillies. Heat until fragrant, then add the potatoes to the pan. Cook and stir until they are coated with the seasoning. Cover with a lid and leave for about 5 minutes or until potatoes start to brown.

Free on Green!

Pirate Ships

1 medium sized baking potato
2 tablespoons of grated Cheddar cheese
4 rashers of bacon (HEXB)
2 cherry tomatoes
Some salad leaves

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C / Gas Mark 6.
  2. Bake the potato for 45 minutes, or until it's soft in the centre. Set aside to cool down.
  3. Cook the bacon under the grill or in a frying pan. Cut into strips when cooked.
  4. Cut the potato longways, and scoop out all the potato into a bowl, being careful not to break through the skin.
  5. Add half of the cheese and bacon to the potato: mix well.
  6. Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins, and top with remaining grated cheese.
  7. Put back into the oven or under the grill for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.

Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Chips

• 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin chips
  • Frylight
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas Mark 7.

In a plastic bag or bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper the spray with frylight. Close and shake the bag until the chips are evenly coated. Spread the chips out in a single layer on two large baking trays sprayed with frylight. Do not crowd the chips onto one tray.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until crispy and brown on one side. Turn over and cook for another 20 minutes, or until they are all crispy on the outside and tender inside. Cooking time will vary depending on how thick you cut your chips.

I didn't want to leave you greenies out so thought I would give you some green day recipes as well. Yes, I know that there is a recipe thread above, but the recipes are all mixed up, so I though that at least here you can select green or red!

Starting off with:-

Quorn, Leek and Potato Soup

3 plain quorn fillets
1 onion
2 sliced leeks
100g cubed & peeled potato
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
600g vegon
300ml skimmed milk (HEXA)

1. Saute the onion, leek and potato in a pain for ten mins until tender using frylight. (Butter frylight would be good)
  2. Add stock, rosemary and quorn fillets. Cover and simmer for 15 mins.
  3. Remove quorn fillets and wrap in foil to keep warm.
  4. Using a food processor blend the ingredients in the pan slightly so still a chunky texture. Then shred the quorn fillets and add back into mixture.
Free on Green!

Hey when do u add the milk??

Back