Spagetti Bolognase

LizzieF

How many pro points for an average serving of home made spagetti bolognase made with lean beef mince, chopped toms and free veg. Tried working it out with book, but came to quite alot and think I was working it out wrong :-(

Its the pasta that makes it high, I used the online tracker - 125g mince beef is 7, and then like you I use chopped toms and zero veg.. but if I wasnt such a porky piglet I could probably split that into 2 meals... atm I don't need to do that.
60g dried pasta is 6..
well thats how I do it.. open to suggestions if I have done that wrong.:D:):p

I think its 20 points for a 500g pack from what i've worked out on the tracker. so for 1/4 its 6 points. Thats for the mince, the chopped tomatoes are free.
x

Thanks guys, I used spagetti which was 165g cooked, but can't find it anywhere to work out :-(

phew thats ok then :) thank you very much :) WI tomorrow, fingers crossed :)

I have looked for traditional bolognese ragu (sauce) on Italian websites and found a recipe that I have tried to adapt with English ingredients. Have a look at it... this comes from the registered recipe at Bologna's commercial chamber. The bacon must be finely chopped, I don't know whether the one I selected is... bear with me!

Traditional bolognese ragu

ProPoints® Value: 5
Servings: 4

Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 150 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
300 g Tesco Healthy Living British Beef Extra Lean Steak Mince
1/2 pack(s) Asda Unsmoked Bacon
1/2 glass(es) Wine, Red (small)
1/3 pouch(es) Asda Beef Gravy
1/2 jar(s) Passata (large)
1 small Onion, All Types
1 1/2 small Carrots, Old, Raw
1 serving(s) Celery, Raw
1 tablespoons Cream, Half Fat (level)
10 ml Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Instructions

fry the bacon pieces with the vegetables in the oil.
Add the meat and after having let it cook for a while stir in half a glass of red dry wine (Sangiovese if you find it!).
When the wine has been absorbed, add the passata, salt and pepper, a glass of beef gravy and let it cook for a couple of hours, adding the cream half way through.

To this, you need to add the pasta! :)

Back