Spaghetti Carbonara

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting - Recipes' started by dawnbirduk, 18 November 2011 Social URL.

1. dawnbirduk

dawnbirduk Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Controlled
    388 Calories
    Serves 1

75g dried spaghetti
    2 turkey rashers
    50g low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
    a few fresh basil or parsley sprigs, chopped finely
    salt and pepper

Cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or as on the packet, untill just cooked but still al dente.
    Meanwhile, grill the turkey rashers as instructed on the pack until crisp, and then chop into small pieces.
    Drain the pasta and return it to the hot saucepan. Immediately, add the soft cheese, seasoning, turkey rashers and basil or parsley. Toss together untill the cheese has melted, and then serve at once.

I used Pasta and as I couldn't get hold of Turkey Rashers I used Ham

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. petlamb

petlamb Full Member

OMG, I love you for this recipe! only yesterday I fancied some so I bought a jar of ready made carbonara sauce and only had a 1/4 of it (high in calories), it was delish but just not enough:(, I will be cooking it again tomorrow with your recipe , thanks!

4. halftheworldaway

halftheworldaway Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I had this for dinner tonight and it was lovely! I used linguine and ham instead of spaghetti and turkey but still gorgeous :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.