Spain free and low syn foods.

I wonder if the other ladies in Spain know about this thread? As there are quite a few appearing in some of the other threads I read.

Hmm might post a link.

Is it worth setting up a chit-chat thread for us exiles in Spain to chat on?

Let me know what you think.

Okay peeps - there's a thread here!!

Chinwag

I started this thread some time ago to try and get a Costa's meet-up and failed dismally but perhaps we can just chinwag about anything that takes our fancy on there!

Looking at the ingredients there is 26g of sugar per 100g (pot) that's quite high! At a guess you would need to count them as 1 syn per 20kcals, in other words 6 and 1/2 syns but that is only a guess.

Sorry folks! :cry:

But as its made from eggs and they are free wouldnt you only be counting the sugar as syns????
Forever hopeful!!!!

But even if you just counted the sugar that would be 5.5 syns let alone any other "nasties" that might be contained. Sorry to put a dampener on it

As toliveordiet said, they might be 0% fat but they are loaded with sugar.

You can't count ANY puddings as free. The whole thing has to be synned.

So 6.5 syns is spot on!

Sorry!

Hiya eye6769 do you live is Spain too? Had you noticed that this a Spanish thread?

Yes Spain for me too. Shame about the flan because I didnt think it would be too bad, never mind enjoyed them anyway and wont get them again.

Yes Spain for me too. Shame about the flan because I didnt think it would be too bad, never mind enjoyed them anyway and wont get them again.
Have you moved here from Northern Ireland or are you one of the lucky ones who have a second home here,

hugs xxxxx

0% Cremoso natural Edulcorado

OK, fancied something different in the yoghurt section, came across a pink and white tub

0% cremoso natural Edulcorado

Per 100g
41 kcal
proteinas 4.7g
hidratos de carbano 5.3g
de los cuales azucares 4.3g
geasas 0.1g
de las cuales saturadas <0.1g
fibras 0g

so would this be classed as a free food?

Its like fromage frais (queso freso batido) but sweetened.

I hope its free, I have just made a roulade with it!

Another question, does anyone buy 0% Greek Yoghurt out here and if you do where do you buy it? Mercadona seems to have 3 different ones, 2 plain full fat, the other with "bits in".

Only in Iceland..............

Just to let you all know that Alpen Light are on offer in Iceland 1.65€ per pack, Heinz X Light Salad Cream is down to 2.65€ and Muller Lights are still at 5 for 2€ if it helps :)

Thanks for info toliveordiet? - doing our monthly trip to Iceland tomorrow so will have a wee look.

suespain - it should be free as it's 0% fat. But you never can tell - just look at HexB! SW make one sort of pitta free but not another sort that has exactly the same profile. I'd do a "tweak" on this and take it as free! :D

and it has no sugar in it so it should be free.

Hi Folks,

Well it's a good job that the Uncle Ben's Rice Times aren't on offer in Iceland any more since SW have just decided that they are about 9 syns per pot :cry: I only found out the Sweet & Sour were free 2 weeks ago and stocked up. Now I'll have to give them all to my Mum coz I'm not sacrificing all my syns for the day on one of them!!

new here and in Spain

Hi all

Have been living in Spain for 3 months and seriously fallen off the wagon am veggie and finding it hard to get the food here where can i purchase soya?:break_diet:

Back