Spain free and low syn foods.

Philadelphia Light cheese on offer at Carrefour - buy 3 for the price of 2 @ 1.49 euros each (which is the same price per pack as Lidl). 3 packets for 2.98.
Date on the bottom of the pack is 12.01.12.
Anybody with a UK keyboard remind me how to do the Euro sign - it is on No.4 but can't remember how to do it, keep getting the $ sign - thanks !!!!

Philadelphia Light cheese on offer at Carrefour - buy 3 for the price of 2 @ 1.49 euros each (which is the same price per pack as Lidl). 3 packets for 2.98.
Date on the bottom of the pack is 12.01.12.
Anybody with a UK keyboard remind me how to do the Euro sign - it is on No.4 but can't remember how to do it, keep getting the $ sign - thanks !!!!

€ sign is ctrl, alt and 4

Crikey, where to begin?
Thanks to you all and a Muy Grande Gracious to fillymum, who, took the time and trouble to type me out a whole load of verb tenses.:D I do know the basics, very much like Pomette,present, preterite and future, but, maybe I shall be a bit more fluent in 31 years Wow, that's a long time.. (do you still get the questions, " do you like it here then? And do you live here?"lol.) By the way,as you asked, I work in a bar 4 times a week in Los Cristianos and get those questions asked at least once a week.
Plus Pommette, they rattle on here at full speed...but a lot of people in this particular village speak as if they have a sock in their mouth. No joke! Sometimes, it really is hard work.:sigh: You pick out the odd keywords, then hazard a guess as to the drift of the conversation.We have to laugh!!
I am so pleased that the tooth is feeling a lot better too Pommette. I presume no treatment was necessary? (plus, as we seem to be drifting off the subject a tad, that you counted the syns on the Brandy and Ports... which are also superb for an upset tummy lol)
Systema,I think, personally, that you would not want to eat in an iTV station, Coincidentally, I went on Monday for mine (passed, but only it's second one)... but your pasta would have an awful strong 'fumes' flavour to it. Oooh And, I love love figs too!
I am so pleased I appear to have re-ignited the site. It seems so useful and you are all lovely.
Keep up the good intentions

For months I have been searching for quark.
1) to try it as I've never had it and
2) it appears in so many SW recipes.

Hunted high and low but to no avail - not even in our Iceland. But then I had a brainwave. Quark is German so how about Aldi? And lo & behold there it was. D'oh - stupid or what?

I've now substituted it into several of my favourite recipes that are supposed to have cream in and it works a dream. Scrummy.

I've posted a few on the main SW Recipes section so if you want the links let me know!

I am so pleased that the tooth is feeling a lot better too Pommette. I presume no treatment was necessary?
No treatment needed at the mo, but I'm going to visit my own dentist when he gets back as I've recently had a lot of work done and I was also wondering if this might have had something to do with it.
. . . (plus, as we seem to be drifting off the subject a tad, that you counted the syns on the Brandy and Ports... which are also superb for an upset tummy lol)
Mais Oui - as they say in France - I'm a good little girlie. (Sue is there an equivalent Spanish phrase?)

I discovered P&B for tummy troubles years ago but it has also always worked for me as a general pain relief. Or maybe it's just becasue I love the taste ! !

Crikey, where to begin?
Thanks to you all and a Muy Grande Gracious to fillymum, who, took the time and trouble to type me out a whole load of verb tenses.:D I do know the basics, very much like Pomette,present, preterite and future, but, maybe I shall be a bit more fluent in 31 years Wow, that's a long time.. (do you still get the questions, " do you like it here then? And do you live here?"lol.) By the way,as you asked, I work in a bar 4 times a week in Los Cristianos and get those questions asked at least once a week.

. Oooh And, I love love figs too!
I am so pleased I appear to have re-ignited the site. It seems so useful and you are all lovely.
Keep up the good intentions

DeNada chica !! For Muy Grande Gracias substitue * muchisimas gracias*

And yes I do get asked all the time " and do you like it here" I normally say, " not quite made up my mind yet":D

I love figs too. Both the green and the black Brevas. We have figs growing here on our land if I can get to them before the horses that is lol !!!!

Are you Powla because you are PAULA but pronounced Spanish style it is Powla.

Why don't you start a food diary in the forum for food diaries. At the bottom of mine an Pomettes postings you will see the link. I find it so helpful and useful.

Mais Oui - as they say in France - I'm a good little girlie. (Sue is there an equivalent Spanish phrase?)

I discovered P&B for tummy troubles years ago but it has also always worked for me as a general pain relief. Or maybe it's just becasue I love the taste ! !

For Mais Oui.................Pero si !!

Hmmmmmm Port and Brandy !!!!

Bring on the tummy troubles :8855:

Hunted high and low but to no avail - not even in our Iceland. But then I had a brainwave. Quark is German so how about Aldi? And lo & behold there
it was. D'oh - stupid or what?

edit by systema ----------- will get quote box right next time

They have it in Lidl - 0% - (I also looked at the cals - 50 in 100gms) - Linessa in the pale blue and white tubs, the navy blue and white tubs are 20%. They also do Mantequilla light and a Phily type cheese but the cheese is tasteless, not worth buying, probably why they sell Phily.

Absolutely no parking anywhere on the coast which is where the ITV station is so did have to eat there. It is a really big place so can park well away from the testing sheds. No parking kept me away from the tapas and vino and had to eat my packed lunch. :cry:

Last edited:
fillymum

DeNada chica !! For Muy Grande Gracias substitue * muchisimas gracias*
Thank you fillymum, (may I call you Sue?)IThinking on, I do sort of know that, but I shall definately remember from now on.

And yes I do get asked all the time " and do you like it here" I normally say, " not quite made up my mind yet":D

I love figs too. Both the green and the black Brevas. We have figs growing here on our land if I can get to them before the horses that is lol !!!!
They are superb for the old, erm, shall we say 'movements', which I really really struggled with after giving up smoking..(soz, prob too much info) Plus, as a bonus, a delightful flavour, both the red and the green

Are you Powla because you are PAULA but pronounced Spanish style it is Powla.
There was already a Paula, so yes, you are correct. Actually I prefer it when called Powla (Paola).. At the risk of sounding snobby, its sounds so much better than, the old usual Yorkshire dialect 'Parlour'lol

Why don't you start a food diary in the forum for food diaries. At the bottom of mine an Pomettes postings you will see the link. I find it so helpful and useful.
Wow! You'd all be bored to tears! And horrified... and saying "ooh, make no wonder she never loses any weight" I am trying, but I am afraid, I am not as motivated as I should be, given the fact I only need to lose a stone max. However,a different tactic I am into excercise big style..plus following the plan. I shall see and I'll have a look at yours too
Thank you for all the info ;)..and I do hope I have done this correctly ..Hmmmm!!

For Mais Oui.................Pero si !!

Hmmmmmm Port and Brandy !!!!

Bring on the tummy troubles :8855:

Ummm, not sure what I have done here..Sorry! I shall have to look up how to reply to bits of messages, wthout quoting the whole sheebang. I did say I was new at this forum lark..

Hunted high and low but to no avail - not even in our Iceland. But then I had a brainwave. Quark is German so how about Aldi? And lo & behold there it was. D'oh - stupid or what?

I've now substituted it into several of my favourite recipes that are supposed to have cream in and it works a dream. Scrummy.

I've posted a few on the main SW Recipes section so if you want the links let me know!
Yes please. Although I don't quite know how it'll work, as I have not yet got 50 posts.
I wonder whether this supposedly quoted message will work for me? How rubbish am I?? lol

Yes please. Although I don't quite know how it'll work, as I have not yet got 50 posts.
I wonder whether this supposedly quoted message will work for me? How rubbish am I?? lol
DOn't think you need 50 posts to look at the recipes section. here are the links to "Cream replaced " quark recipes

Hairy Bikers Somerset Chicken

Pork Dijonnaise

Not a quark one but very nice
Salmon Florentine

Also this one - not in recipes section, so in full here.

Try a steamed trout. Put a whole trout in a tin foil parcel with a few prawns stuffed up the middle with just 1 tablespoon of white wine in to steam it. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 180c. Skin the trout when it comes out of the oven and serve with a prawn & leek sauce. Take LOTS of leeks chopped into batons and slowly sauted until almost a mush, add some cooked prawns and heat through, then add a tablespoon of quark at the end off the heat so it doesn't curdle.

I didn't like the sound of the leeks with the trout when I first saw this recipe on a Spanish TV programme but it is fantastic. The original recipe had mussels instead of the prawns. Even better if you can eat them!

I usually get the fish monger to bone the trout out but leave the skin on as it is easier to eat this way.

Wow, Thank you Pommette. I really like the sound of the pork Dijonnaise.And the trout recipe sounds wonderful and easy, although I tend to shy away from cooking fresh fish, I am definately going to give that a whirl...Is it free? As I would count the wine as negligeble. lol!! I wonder why I never thought to look for recipes on this site, even though I have bookmarked Martins Money savers S/W recipes, which are FROM this site..Duh, must be the bit of sun bleached blond in me, or the drop of Irish blood!!
Have you ever seen/tried Mercadonas La Ligera 0.9% choclolate? It is a sort of pudding, (a bit like baby food really I suppose). You can get a real 'chocolate hit' from just half a pot (I prefer savouries, so I suppose half a pot, personally, does it for me)I just wondered whether anybody had worked out the syn values??. I don't have any in at the mo, so I cannot tell you the energy values.

Love the new pic fillymum..Is it an indication of your personality? Or the way you prefer your chocolate? :giggle:

Love the new pic fillymum..Is it an indication of your personality? Or the way you prefer your chocolate? :giggle:

Definitely because I am stark raving nuts.........

It must have something to with being in the sun for too long......................so beware!!!!

Com and join us in the food diaries section and see just how nuts we are.....click on my link or pommettes.

I promise you will not regret it..........it helps keep me on track food wise as well. So many lovely helpful people there.

buenos suenos chica :4635:

Y, tu tambien. x Hasta pronto..o manana! Please forgive me if I am rubbish( at the language)...therefore. please educate me and teach me a little . Bearing in mind, The 'Peninsula' speak differently to us here..I.e 'Grathius', as opposed to Grasious, here... therefore more of a 'Th', as opposed to a 'Ce' Ohh complications!!
Oh well, as long as it is not broken..don't fix it!!'The locals seem to semi- understand us..
Suerte x

Y, tu tambien. x Hasta pronto..o manana! Please forgive me if I am rubbish( at the language)...therefore. please educate me and teach me a little . Bearing in mind, The 'Peninsula' speak differently to us here..I.e 'Grathius', as opposed to Grasious, here... therefore more of a 'Th', as opposed to a 'Ce' Ohh complications!!
Oh well, as long as it is not broken..don't fix it!!'The locals seem to semi- understand us..
Suerte x

Muy bien dicho guapa !!!

Amazing bargains in Carrefour............

Lipton's teas 3 for the price of 2. I got 3 Vanilla and Caramel but they have all the fruit ones too.4.10€ for the three
Celery....2 huge bunches 1€
Carrots 1 kilo 49 cents
Tomatoes 1 kilo 49 cents I got 3 kilos and made fresh tomato sauce with them. It is in the freezer and will be used to cook chicken in a tomato and tarragon sauce, bolognaise etc....
Cornflakes 99 cents

'Grathius', as opposed to Grasious, here... therefore more of a 'Th', as opposed to a 'Ce' Ohh complications!!
They say GRASSIA in our village - proper ESS in the middle and none on the end. And to greet you they just say "Buena" and to say goodbye "A logo" - instead of hasta luego!

And I wonder why I get confused.

Amazing bargains in Carrefour............

Lipton's teas 3 for the price of 2. I got 3 Vanilla and Caramel but they have all the fruit ones too.4.10€ for the three
Celery....2 huge bunches 1€
Carrots 1 kilo 49 cents
Tomatoes 1 kilo 49 cents I got 3 kilos and made fresh tomato sauce with them. It is in the freezer and will be used to cook chicken in a tomato and tarragon sauce, bolognaise etc....
Cornflakes 99 cents
Thanks Sue - off to Carrefour after lunch anyway for one of our infrequent visits. Going to buy some sun loungers for the apartment - if they have any left. The sort we want are reduced to €35 from €80.

Looks like loads of tomato sauce coming up for me too.

Hi we are going to spain for two weeks this weekend so looking forward to it, could you please recommend a syn free yogurt that I can get, I know there is a masymas beside the apartments we are staying in?
Many thanks

Hi Trishka

Have you been to Spain before? Some of the yoghurts are solid rather than runny.

Mas y Mas certainly do their own 0% yoghurts. The lemon & lime is lovely as is the strawberry. But they are solid ones.

If you prefer runny yoghurt, you can get several flavours of Activia 0% in most Spanish supermarkets.

If you have a Mercadona near you they do their own label 0% ones. Plain (watch out some are already sweetened and these are solid ones), fruit ones and ones with Bifidus (8 pack with 4 flavours - kiwi, pineapple, plum and mixed berries) .

They also do one called "La Pasteleras" which are "cake" flavoured like lemon tart. Very nice and creamy. I stopped eating them as I was up to about 4 a day. Now I know they are free but this was getting silly!

Enjoy your holiday chica. Where are you comning to?

Back