Spain - possibly end of March?

missymoo

Fed up of being fat
We are looking at going to Spain on our first family holiday abroad, first time kids andme will have gone on a plane so thought short flight would be best.

We have been looking at Villas instead of hotels and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations at all on areas of Spain to stay/villas you have stayed at, which would be close to an airport and quite close to main areas, dont want to be out in the wild so to speak.

We found this site which looks good and has loads of great looking villas, anyone booked like this before? ...

Holiday Lettings and Rentals, Apartments and Villas, Private Accommodation to Rent Worldwide

Thanks x

hi missymoo

my parents live in spain. its in a little fishing town called L'Estartit in the costa Brava. Getting Around Spain - IndigoGuide Spain Its 2hrs north of barcelona and 2hrs south of the border of france. basically north east of Spain.
takes about 1hr 40mins from luton airport. £75-£199 per adult to fly.

for central town hotel coral Translated version of http://www.quehoteles.com/hotel-de-lestartit-Coral-4C15P126D298Z52578EF.htm and hotel flamingo Hotel Flamingo in L''Estartit*- Costa Brava Hotels - Lowest prices guaranteed for all our hotels are really nice and coral has alot of evening entertainment

My dad picks people up from the airport which is Gerona approx an hr away once your in estartit you dont really need to go out unless you wanted to drive to barcelona. there are glass bottom boats which go out to sea all day in season, theres a tourist information in the town centre which can book day trips to water world nr loret de mar which is about an hr away and there are dolphin and parrot shows, barcelona zoo, the pools have swimming pools and there are plenty of restaurants. there is a mini fair, ko karts and crazy golf and a market every thurs. the busiest season is may-sept when all the shops open. If you like the look of the place my mum can get you an apartment as she cleans them and finds bookings for her friends. otherwise there are hotels in the area with kids clubs etc.

Last edited:
Aw bless thanks Louisa, really kind of you, will have a look at the links. x

Hi!

My parents have a house in Denia on the Costa Blanca... Las Marinas area.... we go every year with the kids and it's lovely.... lots of restuarants/shops etc but not overly british if you know what I mean!!

It is about an hour from either Valencia or Alicante airport so you would either need to hire a car or arrange via the rental place a airport pick up... you wouldn't necessarily need a car there as there is a regular bus service into the main town.

It is a port town and the ferry comes in from Ibiza... there is also a marina, weekly market, nice shops, good beaches and places to eat.

Its about half hour from Benidorm where they have an Aqualand and Terra Mitica which is a huge amusement park (Alton Towers type place).....

We love it there but I would say - it may not be very hot at the end of March... not sure what your looking for weather wise - prob be too cold to go in a pool or the sea...... late May would be better if you could go then... half term....

Can get flights to Alicante or Valencia from nearly all airports.... Ryan Air from East Mids or Stanstead (I think??), Easyjet, Monarch, BMIBaby, ThomsonFly....

We are off for 3 weeks in August.... can't wait... well I can cos I need to get 6 stone off....lol

Hope this helps and you and your kids have a lovely time wherever you go....

btw the link in your orignial post takes you to places in Denia.... key in Spain, Costa Blanca and town - Denia.... you need to be looking for central Denia or Las Marinas..... some of them are further in the mountains and whilst that's lovely it's restrictive without a car....

:D We go to Calella on the Costa brava, it`s under 2 hour flight time from Blackpool to Gerona, and about one and a half hours drive from the airport, but we just go all inclusive, it`s less hassle :D

Thank you!!! Really appreciate you all taking the time to reply and help.

We are looking at going in May instead now, just have to decide exact location and try to make sure the kids (3&5) understand that 'no, Disneyland isnt there and we wont be seeing the disney characters but we will go to Disneyland one day' .... bless, there friend has been and is obviously now raving about it!

I'm not sure of the name of it but there is a place in Spain that is right near a really good theme park.... I'm sure someone will tell you what it's called.... couple of different people I know have mentioned it and said it's good... kindof a combination between beach holiday and theme park.... apparently you can stay right near and get passes to go in..... could be a compromise on Disney....lol!!

May the weather would be far more pleasant.... we went to Denia 23 May last year for 2 weeks and it was lovely - hot and sunny without being unbearable and sweaty if you know what I mean...lol:D

:D Porta ventura, is a big theme park, it`s a spanish version of Universal studios, but i think yours may be a bit young for most of the rides :D

Back