Spammers thread :)

I think I'm a bit of an internet noob, but isn't spam that weird meat stuff that tastes like cat-food? o_O

lol.. love it.. tastes like catfood.. ive never had it.. but my mam loves it.. urgggggh.. looks minging..

I dont know how to describe internet spam.. erm... anyone?

x x

Lol yep yep......its also in the very annoying form of leah, delli, kat, becky, bev, carol, to name a few lol.................... WELCOME BACK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And hello radicore :) x

[FONT=arial, helvetica]spam [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Last modified: Thursday, November 30, 2006 [/FONT]
www.webopedia.com@468x60-1,468x60-2,125x125-1,336x280,125x800,cp1,cp2,cp3,cp4,cp5,cp6,cp7!336x280
www.webopedia.com@468x60-1,468x60-2,125x125-1,336x280,125x800,cp1,cp2,cp3,cp4,cp5,cp6,cp7!accessunit
Electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings. Some people define spam even more generally as any unsolicited e-mail. However, if a long-lost brother finds your e-mail address and sends you a message, this could hardly be called spam, even though it's unsolicited. Real spam is generally e-mail advertising for some product sent to a mailing list or newsgroup.
In addition to wasting people's time with unwanted e-mail, spam also eats up a lot of [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]network[/COLOR][/COLOR] bandwidth. Consequently, there are many organizations, as well as individuals, who have taken it upon themselves to [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]fight [COLOR=blue! important]spam[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] with a variety of techniques. But because the Internet is public, there is really little that can be done to prevent spam, just as it is impossible to prevent junk mail. However, some online services have instituted policies to prevent spammers from spamming their subscribers. There is some debate about the source of the term, but the generally accepted version is that it comes from the Monty Python song, "Spam spam spam spam, spam spam spam spam, lovely spam, wonderful spam…" Like the song, spam is an endless repetition of worthless text. Another school of thought maintains that it comes from the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]computer[/COLOR][/COLOR] group lab at the University of Southern California who gave it the name because it has many of the same characteristics as the lunchmeat Spam:
  • <LI CpS0K="2">Nobody wants it or ever asks for it. <LI CpS0K="2">No one ever eats it; it is the first item to be pushed to the side when eating the entree.
  • Sometimes it is actually tasty, like 1% of junk mail that is really useful to some people.

^Ooooh, I shoulda' known that. x) I spend a ridiculous time on the internet, yet I know very little about internet-speak. I'm bad at being teenager, obviously. ;)

LOL now there's a thread ..... what would you mix in your ice cream???

Mmmmmm peanut butter cup thingys, turkish delight, dime bars, soft squiddgy caramel sauce ..................

Lol no worries. I still look at peoples profiles on here and say WHAT???? like OH - Other Half, DD - Darling Daughter......it takes me ages sometimes. x
I didn't know what lol meant for ages. My friends say it outloud sometimes, and it's like, "Er, what?"

Back