Spanglymum's s & s diary...

Spanglymum

Gold Member
Starting (restarting) today! Lost 78lb on LL, maintained for a year, then had a series of blips and haven't managed to get back to goal. Did the sample pack a few weeks ago and loved it. But had some Exante packs I felt I 'should' use up. So I've tried doing Exante the past couple if weeks but struggled and fell off the wagon rather spectacularly. I haven't weighed myself yet but I daresay I'll be back at square one :(

Anyway, finally ordered myself a bumper pack of s & s. Am hoping I manage to get back in the zone asap! Can anyone advise on how to stop beating myself up and start looking forward, not back?

Dont look at it as how much you have 'put on'

Start afresh..... 'today i weigh' and this is the start!!!!

Dont beat yourself up hun!!!! Its in the past leave it there!!!

S&S is the best diet ever!!!

You have done it once....you'll do it again!!!!

Think positive lovely!!!

X

Wow, Dee - you've done amazingly!! What a brilliant achievement! Thanks so much for your cheery reply. I need encouragement today as the first few days are always a mental challenge. I can do this. I can do this (mutters to self). I can do this! aaaaargh

Starting again!!!
Can I just say: aargh?!
Day 1 almost done: cup of tea, black coffee, lots of water, vanilla shake, choc coconut bar, hazelnut shake. One pack left to go.

IWILLDOTHISIWILLDOTHIS
(Iamdoingit!)

How you doing with it all sunshine ?

Keeping the faith ?

Was doing really well, or so I thought. But have gone off road rather a lot the past couple of days. A combination of seeeriouss PMT and being told at the hospital the other week that despite three weeks of sns packs I was 'overweight'. Aargh

Silly me. I calculated my BMI and it was 25.1

But I was still really annoyed. So... Need to start yet again.

How's things with you? Xx

Right!!!!

Pulling self together!

Going to load up funky music on my iPod and go for a run later. Going to do kettlebells this week, and swim. No more faffing about, lady! Just be grateful the great British summer never really materialises before September (and then only if we're lucky) so you're not missing any short sleeve weather.

I don't know what's got into me recently. Self pity, apathy and lethargy. Sort yourself out, woman!

Ah. That's better :-D

Sounds like a plan hun, you not got much to loose!! How you finding plan so far??

X

You can do this, everyone has their blips, including me :D I've had two in the space of a month! Lol This time I'm determined to stick to it.

xo.

Thanks guys. I've actually got a whole stone and a half to lose!! Gah! But I mustn't dwell on the negative any more as it's not helping me... Must think positive and just go for it!! Good luck to you too... We can do this!

Just take it 1lb at a time ;) the little darlings soon add up to stones!!!

I've done the diet thing before and lost 3stone but now chasing to get back to where I was before and then keep going rather than stopping like last time.

Keep using this site and we'll help motivate you honey :) you CAN do this ...you've done it before and you WILL do it again :D x x x

Well - I'm doing two simple things today to signal to my subconscious that I'm serious this time: I'm wearing my old Lighterlife pedometer, and I'm having tea and coffee black (instead of with unsweetened soya milk). The latter is quite a big deal for me - as I much prefer the taste of tea, in particular, with milk - but I NEED TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND FOCUS!!!

Thanks for your wise words about 1lb at a time, truleame. I will try to follow your advice!

I don't understand why it's such a mental battle, still, after all this time (and all my previous success). Why do I want to do the "wrong" or unhelpful thing? I'm not doing... I'm sticking to the plan - but it bemuses me that the pull of misbehaviour is still so strong. I'm wondering why my rebellious child wants to act out all the time and why I can't seem to engage my adult brain in this at the moment. I've been procrastinating about swimming and kettlebells and running, even though I know that all three of them are (a) activities that I enjoy and (b) activities that will help me reach my goals. Weird, eh?!

Almost as though as soon as I get even a hint of a "should" in my brain I rebel. Instantly. So... it would be useful to keep turning those "shoulds" to "coulds" today. I think that will be my goal. I know it doesn't sound like very much, but I've been struggling, so any small things I can do that may help I want to try out.

Me too Spangly, I dodged the gym yesterday even though when I go I feel better afterwards.

I hope you get your focussed head on and achieve your mini goals today. Good luck! X

Hang in there hun. I feel a strong urge 24/7. I enjoy looking and move on!! I know that feeling won't go, so I engage realise yes I want to eat, no I don't need to. And step away!!

Helping for me anyway, rather than beating myself up that I feel that way

Hope that makes sense hun LOL Xx

Thanks, guys. It really really helps to have your support.

I've just been reading your blog too.

I totally get where you're coming from about the legumes. A life without lentils? Nuh uh!

So why not set yourself a mini goal of go swimming once :) or even make the time to go for a walk! Once you've done it once you can get into a habit of it ...I think you have to do something for 28days for it to become a habit :)

Once you get into doing things you trigger that silly bit in ya brain which says "instead of eating that chocolate bar. I'll exercise and get the same high" and afterwards I'll feel better for it. It's taken me MONTHS to get to this point but yesterday I so badly wanted to go and get a wispa of all things ...but instead I came home had a drink of orange and did my work out, by the time I finished the work out I was buzzing and I realised I had beaten the self sabotage part of me :) x x x

Hello lovely,
I'm not doing to bad life wise. Weight wise bloody awful lol Back to square one, but there we go.

Day three today of restart. Plugging away at it and being kind to myself.

You sound as if your head is in the shed as we say down here. What is that all about then? You know it is not just about the food.

Hope you get it sorted soon x

Back