Spanglymum's SW diary

Spanglymum

Gold Member
Hello!

This feels like the start of an overwhelmingly long journey - one I've been on before, which makes it doubly daunting. I went to my first SW meeting last night, and weighed in. Ugh. It was worse than I feared. But still, I have faced reality and now I can start to take control.

I think my biggest problem has been that when I lost weight on Lighter Life I never got to do the full maintenance programme. My consultant at the time made me do a quick four-week one, and I ended up only able to manage my weight by being very very strict about carbs. I was fine (with a few wobbles) for quite some time, but ended up bingeing (!) on carbs, and getting very fat again very quickly.

This time round I'm taking the SW route because, although it's slow and steady (I hope), which could be disheartening, I am determined to learn some new behaviours and habits around food. Permanent habits.

We shall see. For now, I'm here and I'm so pleased Minimins is back!

Hmm. No idea what I'm doing, really. I've not had time to read the books properly so I'm just winging it and trying to be sensible this week. Loads of crazy stuff going on at work and relatives were visiting so I might write off this week and accept a maintain! As long as I don't gain anything I'll be happy with that. And anyway, the biggest step for me was actually signing up to the group, admitting it had become a problem I couldn't solve on my own.

I will thoroughly study the books before doing our next weekly shop and will be prepared from next week onwards!

Ok, so read the books for the first time and now have a bit of a better idea. I guess any positive changes I make are steps in the right direction, even if I don't completely "get" it right away.

Bit overwhelmed by the thought of being in it for the long haul... but glad overall that I've started.

First weigh-in this evening. I am nervous. I have followed the plan pretty well the past four days, but at the start of last week was a bit at sea. We'll see. Even a maintain is good, right?! Feeling good though. I can't believe I can lose weight eating loads of normal, healthy, food. I wish I'd done this years ago instead of Lighter Life. Oh, well...!

Good luck at weigh in xx

12 lb off!!!! :eek:

Crikey. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 1 got my half stone award. Wow.

:0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:.. I would have done a one woman conga around the room :rotflmao: Well done !!!

I did do a mini-dance on the scales! :rolleyes:;)

Not sure what's going on though. I made the mistake of weighing myself yesterday on my home scales, and it only shows a loss of 7lb. Am I just really waterlogged or something?!!! Hope it sorts itself out for next week. Keepthefaith keepthefaith keepthefaith *mutters*

1lb off this week. I'm pleased about that, as I've been away on an overnight conference with no food choices, and also went to a concert my daughter was in and the branch of Pret I grabbed my dinner from didn't have any no-bread sandwiches. Turned out the sandwich I picked was 26 syns!!!!! So a pound off isn't bad in the circumstances!!

I'm away for work next week though, which will test my food optimising to the limit!

1lb off this week, despite five days in NYC! Very pleased (and relieved).

Back