Spanish tapas help needed please :)

kirstym

Gold Member
Hi all

I'm planning to do a tapas meal for friends and family on Saturday but looking at "traditional" Spanish receipes is like wading through a VERY large bottle of oil :(

Does any one have any tried and tested receipes they would mind sharing?

All ideas/suggestions/help very, very, very much appreciated :)

Thanks K x

Not sure of the syns but I fry chorizo in red wine you dont need much wine just enough to cover the bottom of the pan, its lovely, have a search for chicken croquettes online but instead of deep frying them spray with frylight and put them in the oven, spanish omellette cut into wedges, spicy meatball with a garlic mayo dip, salad, some spanish meats you can get at the deli counter, serve with crusty bread. Hth xx

A huge mixed salad! I'm not sure if balsamic vinegar is free but if not just some save some aside and drizzle yours with vinegrette! I also made a sw paella Valencia from a recipe I got on here last week and it was amazing! It's a little time consuming but you could half the recipe and serve that too in little dishes! Let me kno if u want the recipe and I'll send it x

I'm finding it hard to copy and paste as I'm I'm my phone but the recipe is in the recipe section and if u search for it it's valencian paella, it was originally posted by mrs wilsoncroft! Let me no if u can't find it, and I'll log on laptop for you,and do it that way :) xxx

I lived in spain for a number of years - so these are what I would eat out there which I know work.

Red Peppers - grill to blacken the skin, pop in a plastic bag for ten minutes and then remove the skin (don't wash). Slice into 1/2 inch wide lengths. Mash/chop a couple of garlic cloves with some flat leaved parsley and salt - mix in the juice of a lemon, black pepper and a teaspoon of olive oil - mix this in with the peppers and allow to marinate as long as poss. They'll keep for days in the fridge.

This garlic/parsley mixture can be used on a number of grilled vegetables/meat/fish (Auberine/courgette/prawns/fillet pork/fillet beef) and is very spanish.

Serrano ham, rolled and speared with a gerkin.

White fish steak wrapped in Serrano ham and grilled.

Last edited:
Fantastic! Glad you liked the paella!it definatly doesn't taste like diet food does it? One I will be making long after hitting target x

Back