SparklingFairy's Diary - First week on Cambridge!

SparklingFairy

I've been yo-yoing for so long now, I think Cambridge is just what I need! I'm on day two and the scales already say I'm down 4lbs!! :eek: (I checked my own scales and they're the same as the CDC's) Does anyone here do daily weigh-ins? I cant seem to help myself! I'm liking the shakes more than anything else, so I might just get a couple of soups next week. Anyway, looking forward to this new beginning!

Did anyone feel ill/odd on the second day? I've just got a teeny tiny headache.

Last edited:
Hi sparkling. Well done on your loss. I'm starting CD again tomorrow and am a serial scale hopper too. It keeps me motivated and if I have 'food' thoughts I jump on and it keeps me focused. A headache is normal on day 2 or 3 hopefully it is Ketosis on it's way.:D

Sparkling I found the first few days are the worst, once ketosis sets I felt a boost of energy and the headaches went away. I weigh myself daily but always around the same time when I get up in the morning. I find even seeing a small loss helps me keep on the straight and narrow.

Day 3

Hi miss jelly tot - are you starting SS tomorrow? Good luck! So far this is the easiest diet I've done. I think it's because the choice is taken away, I'm not wondering how I can cheat or what extras I could have without it making much difference.

Hey John - it's nice to know I'm not the only one who weighs daily! I'm looking forward to that enegy boost too, although I'm now on day three and I'm not feeling half as bad as I thought.

Day Three

Dreaded TOTM today, hopped on the scale expecting to gain at least 4lbs like I usually do, but it was down another 1lb! So thats 5lbs down in two days! :eek:

I had my first negative comment about this diet yesterday 'you'll fail mark my words! You'll gain it all back and more! I do exercise classes, I know all about it!!' :mad: .. in one ear and out the other!

Day 2 Water = 7 pints

Hi miss jelly tot - are you starting SS tomorrow? Good luck!
Hi. I'm SS+ and this time I need to stop at target when I do get there! Once in the swing of things I found it easy too, it's just them first few days.:(

Well done on your loss so far thats fantastic. :D

I had my first negative comment about this diet yesterday 'you'll fail mark my words! You'll gain it all back and more! I do exercise classes, I know all about it!!' :mad: .. in one ear and out the other!
Heard them too. Mostly from people who don't really understand the diet. The only reason you will gain weight is if you go back to the same eating habits (belive me i know all too well.) Glad it went in one ear and out the other. Lets see her face when shes wrong.:rolleyes:

negative associations

Hi. I'm SS+ and this time I need to stop at target when I do get there! Once in the swing of things I found it easy too, it's just them first few days.:(
Well I really dont think I could do this if I didnt live alone, I dont have the temptation of anyone else in the house cooking like I did a few months back. Hows your first few days going? I'll have to check if you have a diary!

Well done on your loss so far thats fantastic. :D
Thankyou! :D

Heard them too. Mostly from people who don't really understand the diet. The only reason you will gain weight is if you go back to the same eating habits (belive me i know all too well.) Glad it went in one ear and out the other. Lets see her face when shes wrong.:rolleyes:

It's really upsetting when youre trying so hard with something then someone completely puts down your efforts. Apparently I should listen to him because he's kept his weight off for 8 years and he's teaching taekwondo :rolleyes:. I think I might just tell people I'm on a diet from now on and not go into the specifics.

Day 4

Day Four

I couldnt resist the scale again! Another 2lbs gone making a total of 7lbs in three days! Wow! :eek:

I wasnt very hungry yesterday, got some nice coffee, had plenty of water and was really sleepy!

Day 3 water = 7 pints

I dont have the temptation of anyone else in the house cooking like I did a few months back. Hows your first few days going? I'll have to check if you have a diary!
Im doing ok thanks but am struggling with the hunger. I don't have a diary as Im hopping about with different diets, so I don't feel like I really fit in any category. (Sorry im taking over your diary now.)

Wow half a stone in 3 days .... you go girl! :party0011:

Last edited:
You will keep the weight off if you are determined. Don't listen to people who don't understand the diet. 7lb is great!! I used to weigh every morning and found it kept me focussed. You carry on girl but make sure you drink plenty of water as thats the magic! Best of luck xx

Sparkling - Fab loss so far, i cant wait to start on my CD journey next week. Keep up the good work

Day 5

Thanks miss jelly tot - your avatar makes me laugh every time I see it, must be the stubbly legs lol! :D

Hi sleepybird, thanks! I'm trying not to listen to negative people anymore. I had another friend have a lil moan at me the other day 'you'll starve! Just cut the wine out and eat more veg' :rolleyes:

Hey paris, good luck on starting next week, this diet really does work! I'll look forward to seeing your progress!

Day Five

I lost 3/4 of a lb, I think I should stop weighing myself daily because I can imagine getting really demotivated if I stay the same or go up a lb. I tried the oriental chilli soup for dinner last night - definitely my favourite!

I'm feeling a bit emotional now because my ex has somehow managed to get my email address, I cant cave! He's no good for me! I wont be letting this effect my weight loss efforts like I usually do.

Water = 6 pints

Another 2lbs down!

Day Six

I'm so tired today, couldnt sleep last night and had an early appointment this morning.Once I got there and sat down I felt like I was going to pass out! Luckily it passed once I got some water. I really dislike the chocolate shakes, theyre terrible! Hopped on the scale again (really need to stop that soon) and I've lost another 2lbs! making a total of 9lbs in 5 days! I was completely over the moon, but right now I just want to curl up and go to sleep!

Water = 8 pints

making a total of 9lbs in 5 days!
Well done thats great. Looks like you are doing really well.

How can you not like choc shakes :eek: them and the mint ones are my favourite. Perhaps your CDC may change them for you?
This diet always makes me feel sleepy too. I have no Ketosis up lifting kick at all. So you are not alone :sigh:

Hehe, it might be because I like rich, dark chocolate! The choc shakes just dont taste right to me. I've not had that ketosis kick yet either. Hows your first week going?

I feel really unmotivated right now. I had my first weigh in (was 6 days not 7) and it only showed a 7.5lbs loss - I know thats alot of weight to lose, but I expected at least 9 or 10 :cry:

I want to weigh myself tomorrow and count that as my offical first week, but not sure if I should?

:wave_cry:

I want to weigh myself tomorrow and count that as my offical first week, but not sure if I should?
If it makes you feel better, why not.
7.5lbs is fantastic, well done. Try not to think about what you could have got and focus on what you did get.....over half a stone! You should be chuffed.
Hehe, it might be because I like rich, dark chocolate!
OMG my best buddie, some weeks ago, brought me some Green and Blacks dark choc with cherrys :drool: Best choc ive ever tasted and when I get back to target it's going to be my treat, a bit a day yum!

hate it whn ppl make negative comments,everyone is different and different things work for different ppl u stick 2 wot works 4 u and have the pleasure of proving them wrong x

Back