Special K

EmzyyFFC

From one extreme to the other... I wanted to shift some weight fairly quickly and started the lipotrim diet which after to days I had to admit defeat. I couldnt stomach the shakes and on the second day was throwing them back up...

So I've decided to go for a tamer approach and do the special k diet... Therefore I wont miss eating (tho I will miss the odd treat) and hopefully can shift a few pounds a week.
I've been drinking lots of water and snacking on fruit and having salad in the evening while doing 30 mins on a crosstrainer...
Going to have my first weigh in tomorrow.

Just wondering if there was anyone doing the Special K diet or any who have tried it previously...

I'm not feeling very confident about shifting anything at the moment but maybe just need to have some will power!

Emma xx

hiya

well done!!

Didnt want to ignore you.

I havent done this but I do know of eople who have done it leading up to holidays etc and done really well.

Keep going and keep us posted.

x x x

Hi guys! Havent been on in a while.
Stopped & started the SK diet, now I'm back on it for the long haul. Started it begnining of Jan and have lost about 5lbs, Slow process but bareable.
I have a small question. I weighed myself last evening and my BMI had gone down from 22.15 to 22.00 so not a full 1lb, maybe half. Then I weighed myself again this morning and it had shot up to over 23??? How has this happened. How did I put that much weight on overnight. I hope this is a mistake, like didnt go loo or somthing.
Just needing a bit of support as feel a bit defeated atm.
Hope everyones weight loss has been doing well since I last logged in :)

Emma

Oh Emma, don't worry. It happens all the time to me as well;)

Our weight naturally fluctuate around 5 pounds during the day, because of food, liquids retention, period coming, exercise (after exercise the muscles are a bit heavier because of tension), going to the loo, etc, etc.

That's why it's very important to weight always at the same time of the day. In my case I only count the morning weight, atfer going to the loo and before eating because that's when we tend to weight less :p

x

Hi Guys... I have been doing really well on my diet. Have been sticking to it constantly. Although I sometimes let myself have a little treat on the weekend. I also gave up bread and chocolate (including biscuits, cake etc) for lent & it seems to have gone in my favor.
It total I have now lost 9lbs. Which doesnt sound a lot compared to what some of you have lost on this forum but I am so pleased. I am currently at the weight I was when I last started dieting... This is the lowest I have ever got down to but this time I will carry on losing weight!
If I'm honest I havent seen much change in my body which is a little dissapointing. I'm hoping I will see some difference soon. I really want to lose some weight off my thighs, thats my main goal. Although my tummy is looking a lot flatter and more toned so I'm not complaining.
I hope you're all doing well on your diets too. Let me know how you're doing and maybe swap tips. xx

Hello Emma:)

Congrats for sticking to diet and lose 9 pounds;)

By the way, some people do the special K diet in different ways; some just eat iy for breakfast and lunch; others for breakfast and tea/dinner... Wich is the approach to SK diet that you follow?

x

I dont quite do it the recommended way. I have bowl for lunch (I hate eating in the morning) and I usually have a weight watchers ready meal for dinner. Although I know you are suposed to have 2 bowls a day, they are suposed to be 2 very small portions so I just have a large one for lunch while at work.
A lot of people have said this is not enough to eat for a whole day, although I know this is true, I dont feel hungry anymore, I'm satisfied with my 2 meals a day... I broke my lent on the weekend tho *slaps wrists* couldnt eat soup without bread now could i :rolleyes:

Put on a lb this week. But i was over the moon with that coz I had a hen party the weekend and really was a little piggy. I'll get rid of that by the end of the week. xx

Do you only eat 2 meals a day? Well, sometimes I only eat three, but two is very rare, actually I even have snacks during the afternoon:p
Anyway, if that works for you it is all that matters;)

How far are you from your goal?

x

Back