Speed Walking... SUPPORT

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by elivan, 3 October 2011 Social URL.

1. elivan

elivan WON'T GIVE UP

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(14.04%)
    Diet:
    1500-2000 and up cal plan
    So i'm I the only one that feels this isn't that easy lol?? I've been trying to pick up the speed of my walking for 2 months now but i can only last a mile or 2 that's why i just start jogging i do this walking and jogging 5-6 times a week/5 miles. I've never been a fast walker just wondering if anybody has similar problems??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MartinD

MartinD Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(18.53%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I did some long distance walking challenges e.g 24 peaks in 24 hours, and learned some techniques for walking more quickly over rough terrain. I walk my dogs for 8 miles and my best is 1hr 42m on a hilly walk. To go any fast prob means jogging and I limit my running due to knee ligament problems

- have a very slight 5 degree forward lean (its the same for runners)
    - eyes forward looking at a spot 20 yards ahead
    - chin parallel - helps with breathing
    - relax your shoulders, they should be dropped not hitched up
    - elbows close to body, 90 degree bend at elbow joint
    -opposite arm and foot movement and dont swing your arm across your body, and it only goes as high as your chest
    - strike at the heel and roll forward with your foot -your stride for walking should be behind you so dont over extend your front foot. Aim to tkae smaller steps not longer

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.