Spices & Herbs

Java1975

Can you tell me if all spices in jars and herbs are free to use in induction. Also is there any recommendation for low carb sausages. Last one S/F Jelly is this unlimited ?

Thanks in advance gonna be starting Monday :)

I just checked on the Atkins website...

Phase 1 Acceptable Food - Atkins.com

There are a few common spices and herbs listed. I think something like curry powder and garam masala will have more 'substantial' carbs, just because they are a mixture of spices.

Sausages: I buy chipolatas. I just bought some from Asda, (extra special ones) they are something like 95% pork and I checked ingredients and there appears to be no added starch or sugar. But having said that I wouldn't stuff my face with them!! lol
I also have had the Tescos, extra special, chipolatas and they are similar.

SF jelly: I dont know, but I think I remember seeing them in the sticky above - So your thinking of starting Atkins. Worth checking out.

Its a really helpful thread and I'm always refering to it lol

Besides that, I'm pretty sure it will contain sweetner, and your only allowed a certain limit a day, 3 teaspoons/sachets a day (I think) and I read somewhere that a can of diet soda is 1.5 portions....so I dont know what SF jelly is (I'm not sure as I avoid sweetners altogther)

HTH Good Luck on Monday :))

Herbs and spices are more or less carb free. If you look at nutrition it normally says per 100g. But who would use that much. It nomally a tsp here and there, so I would say you are safe. However in "paste" form. be-where.
Sausages. Check the meat percentage. anything lower than about 90% will have more carbs. Go for "The Black Farmer" range, about 0.3carbs per 100g. Just read the nutrition labels.
Jelly-no idea don't eat it.

I have just purchased Jimmys Farm Free sausage, 0.3g per soss. Not tried them yet as getting all my food ready to start Monday! Quite excited really!!!!!!! x

Thanks Guys
Mrsdanielcraig - me to im excited to start on Monday. Im sure its gonna work. Everyone seems very positive on here. xx

Aww good luck!

Is it your first induction?

I found it quite hard the few 4 days. Day 5 was sooo much better, and thats when the 1lbs started to come off. And day 6 (today) is even more so!

I think what helped me, is make sure you have some sort of potassium supplement. Because, the first few days, I took a multi-vitamin without it in. Then I swapped to a different brand, with a good amount of potassium in and I felt much better.

I dont know why, I think its something to do with electrolytes.

Good Luck :)

Thanks Nija Pro, i will consider the supplement. I may be ok with the "atkins Flu" because im already in ketosits. I am on extante at mo so cant wait to start eating some food lol I havent has food for 4 weeks. Just trying not to get confused with the doos and donts but im sure the penny will drop soon xx

Hi Jane and good luck for Monday.

You can see a whole list of low carb sossies (and lots of other stuff) on the Low Carb Shopping sticky - check it out. I like the Debbie and Andrew garden herb sausages, 0.2 carbs per sausage.

I use loads of herbs and curry powder and haven't had a problem.

I also like the sugar free jelly, which is fine for induction, pour cream over it and mmmmm :)

Why not start up your own thread in the Diary section and write down your menus, then we can have a look and give you some pointers?

Susie

Thanks Guys
Mrsdanielcraig - me to im excited to start on Monday. Im sure its gonna work. Everyone seems very positive on here. xx

I feel exactly the same, tomoro cant come quick enough!!!!! :sigh:
This site is fab, especially the atkins forum, more close knit than SW!
Good luck for tomoro, sexy bod here I come, woo hoo!!!!! :p
Adele x

Hi Jane and good luck for Monday.

You can see a whole list of low carb sossies (and lots of other stuff) on the Low Carb Shopping sticky - check it out. I like the Debbie and Andrew garden herb sausages, 0.2 carbs per sausage.

I use loads of herbs and curry powder and haven't had a problem.

I also like the sugar free jelly, which is fine for induction, pour cream over it and mmmmm :)

Why not start up your own thread in the Diary section and write down your menus, then we can have a look and give you some pointers?

Susie

Sugar free jelly, really???????? :rolleyes:
Oooooh, yum!
Do you limit ur cream intake????
Adele x

Unfortunately cream stalls me so I don't have it very often.

It is limited on induction, check the book for the exact amount.

Yes, watch the cream - UP TO 3 tbsp per day on Induction so use it with caution. It is very more-ish.

Back