Green Day Spicey carrot and lentil soup

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by jojowannabeayummymummy, 29 November 2009.

1. Free on green and extra easy!

This is a superp winter warming free soup!

7oz/198g red lentils
    1lb/454g carrots,chopped
    1 large onion
    1 teaspoon curry powder
    freshly ground pepper just before serving

This is soooo easy...
    Chop the carrots and onion put them in a large saucepan with the lentils and the curry powder. Add 2pints/1.1 litre's of water, boil for ten mins then simmer for 25 mins more. blitz a bit with a hand blender leaving some lumps.
    add freshly ground pepper, serve and enjoy!!!
    not_lar_croft likes this.
  2. not_lar_croft

not_lar_croft Well-Known Member

Are the red lentils tinned? or fresh? Like the sound of that soup. Tend to make a soup a couple of times a week so when I come in I have something to have straight away and the kids love it when they get home from school :)
  3. not_lar_croft

Just made this soup and it was absolutely lovely - will definately be making this again.
  4. Lucky7

Lucky7 Well-Known Member

Just the recipe I needed - have a lot of carrots to use up and trying to avoid shpooing for soup ingredients!
  5. not_lar_croft

Snowed here for hours so have made another big pot of this soup for tea - sure is a winter warmer.
  6. greenmob83

greenmob83 New Member

Just put soup on and there's a lovely smell already.Signed up for this site the other day and I'm attempting to lose weight for the umpteenth time,have done it before will do it again.:D
  7. Meli

Meli Well-Known Member

I make this soup quite often, although I used to put some lamb in as well. Love Red Lentils!