1. Dismiss Notice
  2. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Day Spicey carrot and lentil soup

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by jojowannabeayummymummy, 29 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Free on green and extra easy!

This is a superp winter warming free soup!

7oz/198g red lentils
    1lb/454g carrots,chopped
    1 large onion
    1 teaspoon curry powder
    freshly ground pepper just before serving

This is soooo easy...
    Chop the carrots and onion put them in a large saucepan with the lentils and the curry powder. Add 2pints/1.1 litre's of water, boil for ten mins then simmer for 25 mins more. blitz a bit with a hand blender leaving some lumps.
    add freshly ground pepper, serve and enjoy!!!

not_lar_croft likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. not_lar_croft

not_lar_croft Well-Known Member

Are the red lentils tinned? or fresh? Like the sound of that soup. Tend to make a soup a couple of times a week so when I come in I have something to have straight away and the kids love it when they get home from school :)

4. not_lar_croft

Just made this soup and it was absolutely lovely - will definately be making this again.

5. Lucky7

Lucky7 Well-Known Member

Just the recipe I needed - have a lot of carrots to use up and trying to avoid shpooing for soup ingredients!

6. not_lar_croft

Snowed here for hours so have made another big pot of this soup for tea - sure is a winter warmer.

7. greenmob83

greenmob83 New Member

soup

Just put soup on and there's a lovely smell already.Signed up for this site the other day and I'm attempting to lose weight for the umpteenth time,have done it before will do it again.:D

8. Meli

Meli Well-Known Member

I make this soup quite often, although I used to put some lamb in as well. Love Red Lentils!