• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Spicing up your CD meals!

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
I know that many of us use spices (and herbs) to liven up our meals, but I was wondering about the actual health benefits of these spices, so I started to surf around to find out.

I found the following article:-

Ginger and Weight Loss - Safe Slimming (UK)

- which was very interesting to me, because I always put a bit of ground ginger in my black coffee to make it a bit more piquant (you need that when you drink gallons of it like I do! :eek:).

It turns out that ginger, along with chillies, turmeric and cinnanon, all 'kick start' the metabolism which is great news for us! :) The article tells you about the other good things these spices do too. (I nearly always put cinnamon on my hot shakes & porridge, and curry powder - inc. turmeric - in my shakes, so it might have helped my weight loss, who knows?!)

It's nice to know that these things are actually doing you good as well as flavouring your food! :D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Thanks for that information, will add some to my shakes etc now.... also does anyone know if fresh chillies are okay on ss+