Spicing up your CD meals!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Jaycey, 13 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    I know that many of us use spices (and herbs) to liven up our meals, but I was wondering about the actual health benefits of these spices, so I started to surf around to find out.

I found the following article:-

Ginger and Weight Loss - Safe Slimming (UK)

- which was very interesting to me, because I always put a bit of ground ginger in my black coffee to make it a bit more piquant (you need that when you drink gallons of it like I do! :eek:).

It turns out that ginger, along with chillies, turmeric and cinnanon, all 'kick start' the metabolism which is great news for us! :) The article tells you about the other good things these spices do too. (I nearly always put cinnamon on my hot shakes & porridge, and curry powder - inc. turmeric - in my shakes, so it might have helped my weight loss, who knows?!)

It's nice to know that these things are actually doing you good as well as flavouring your food! :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Angela83

Angela83 Silver Member

Interesting, I wasn't really aware that they're doing me any good just thought they made things taste nicer!

4. shrinkingsarah

shrinkingsarah Member

Start Weight:
    17st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    good to know :D

5. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Thanks for that information, will add some to my shakes etc now.... also does anyone know if fresh chillies are okay on ss+

6. Sunshine Singer

Sunshine Singer Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.87%)
    Diet:
    No white sugar
    Ooooohhh I knew about chilli but never knew about cinamon....that's brilliant. thanks for that xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.