Spicy potatotes free on EE???

flabtofit

Gold Member
Hi

I absolutly LOVE spicy potatoes and have started making my own variety:

Potatoes cubed and parboiled, drained, sprayed with Fry Light, spice sprinkled on top and put in the Phillips Airfryer until crispy.

Would these still be free on Extra Easy even though I don't have any superfree food on my plate?
I usually have these on their own and then have a large fruit salad afterwards or will make sure that if I am having the spicy potatoes for dinner, then my lunch is entirely superfree (like a salad/SW veg curry) to make up for it.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Yes they are still free - the idea of super frees included in a meal helps to boost your weight loss but you can still eat free food without super frees. I often have fruit after a meal if I haven't included super free veg - so enjoy your spicy potatoes. Out of interest what spice topping do you use?

Ah fab thanks for your quick reply!

Schwartz Jamaican Jerk herb and spice blend is what i usually use but if I can't get that the Tex Mex spice in Lidl is equally as nice - both spicy but not blow your brains off spicy :)

I agree! A few as a side dish with a SW curry is nice aswell - almost feels like a takeaway :)

I need to find other recipes thou or else you get stuck in a food rut...

Oh yes you can get stuck but I tend to go thru al my cookery books - I have a lot - I like reading them! Sad I know lol and then I just adapt to SW and to be honest it's surprising how many recipes without alteration are acceptable - esp Indian food either omit the oil or change to olive or fry light. This way I'm not cooking all the time from SW books and the OH doesn't feel like he's missing out

Thats a good idea! I have loads of cook books but haven't really used them since starting SW as a lot of the recipes use high syn foods - guess I could adapt a lot of the recipes now that I've had a few months on plan and have finally got to grips with it - thank you!

Gok Wan's Chinese cook book is quite good thou- a lot of the ingredients are syn free/low syn and the food is full of flavour!

Yes they just take over, mine are all over the place so I have one to hand at all times! And now after Xmas they will def get a lot of use - roll on summer hols

Slow cooker recipes or things you can semi-prepare the night before.

I'm going back to work a week Monday after a few months of maternity leave so being full time working mummy to two children under 3 means everything needs to.be quick, easy and wholesome.

Oh I love the slow cooker! Congrats on your latest arrival. It'll be hard work when you go back to work. Mine are older - 16 & 10 yrs and still hard work lol

Me too - everything in before work, put it on and its ready when I get in :)

Oohh don't say that - I was hoping it'll get easier the older they get lol. I live in hope...

Back