Spicy speedy superfree butternut squash soup

jaylou

Gold Member
Just made this for lunch - it's superfree, super quick to make and made of speed foods too!

1 butternut squash cut into big chunks, skin left on.
Put in a roasting tin and sprinkle with 1tbsp crushed cumin seeds, 1tbsp crushed coriander seeds, salt and pepper and a sprinkle of dried chilli flakes. Spray with frylight and roast at 200 deg C for 4 mins or until soft.

Stick in a blender with a tin of tomatoes and the same quantity of water (or to your required texture) and blitz until smooth.

Serve with a big blob of natural yoghurt and some torn basil leaves if you have them!!

i have ground cumin and coriander or do i need the seeds?

No you can use the ground, I just used seed cos I had them! Probably use a bit less of the ground though.

:Dthanks off to make it now :drool:bought some butternut squash pieces yesterday at asda and wasnt quite sure what to make with them :beam:

:party0011:just made it it was yummy left it a bit thick as gonna use as a sauce over pasta later

Shall be trying this one, BNS is one veg that i have truly fallen in love with since being on SW, hadn't tried it before.

I always eat the skin. I roast it in chunks or wedges, skin on and eat it. It goes soft and chewy.
It's a faff to cut it off and you waste half the squash, leave it on I say!!

Back