Spiders!

Tinytootz

Mini crazy cat lady
Winter is here :cry:, so are the spiders! I have to keep the window open for the cat, as i can't have a cat flap, so all the little critters are taking the opportunity to come in for a warm!
I've joked with friends that i need a husband to sort the spiders out, sadly, some have taken me seriously! The cat is useless too, too busy outside catching leaves and worms - yay.

But are you a squisher or a saver? I'm 100% squisher/drowner with boiling water. I'm sure spiders have feelings, and families etc, but when one is sat on my seat on the sofa, i see red!

I am a saver. I catch them and take them outside. They have a place in the animal chain, they eat flies.....I hate flies.........kill a spider save a 100 or so flies.

Jimmy Carr recommended to get over a fear of spiders just visualise them crawling in your sleep and laying eggs in your eye corner and they grow, ewww!
P.s. that is why my cats are handy, they eat the little bug**s!

Catch them by placing a glass over them and then sliding a postcard underneath. Then you can put them outside. I am scared of spiders too, but reckon that's my fault, not theirs, and they don't deserve to die because I am stupid!!

I have been told recently that if you collect some conkers and put them where the spiders come in, it puts them off. No idea if it is true, but worth a try.

I have a spider catcher, a pyramid of plastic with a sliding door at the bottom - it's on a long stick.
I don't like to kill them - for one thing they make a mess and for another they eat flies, and I hate flies too!

Catch them by placing a glass over them and then sliding a postcard underneath. Then you can put them outside. I am scared of spiders too, but reckon that's my fault, not theirs, and they don't deserve to die because I am stupid!!

I have been told recently that if you collect some conkers and put them where the spiders come in, it puts them off. No idea if it is true, but worth a try.

I have heard the conker thing too - I think its something to do with the oils giving off some smell they don't like, never tried it though. Though I hate spiders; I honestly can't kill one so Im a glass and a piece of paper person - unless OH is there then Im definately a screamer lol :D

I hate them!!

I have conkers everywhere so the little blighters don't come in:D
I roast them in the oven and they last for months

I also have a long tube like spider catcher for real emergencys

i'm arachnapobic! hate them. I am *less* scared than i used to be. managed to look and touch the glass of a tarantula cage at the zoo. Which is a lot for me - i normally run past with my eyes shut.
Im a squasher im affraid, or a sucker up the hoover girl.

I work with horses and there must be hundreds in the stables, and there are hundrends in my garden. but there meant to be there, so i can deal. BUT there NOT meant to be in my HOUSE!!!!

I dont usually dream in my sleep, or at least not that i can remember in the morning. but i have a re occuring nightmare that, i feel like i am awake and there are big spiders on the bed. so much that i have to get up put the light on a check!! i am getting better at realising that it was a nightmare. my poor hubby!!

I dont actually mind "normal" spiders. The ones that spin webs & catch files. Its the big hairy jobs, the size of a digestive biscuit, that lurk in corners, usually in your loo, & whose mission in life it is to scare the living daylights out of you, & hide in corners that get me!

I'm petrified of them, but I believe it comes from my mum being afraid - I'm a big believer in the theory that it's a learned behaviour for a lot of people. I'm so scared, that when I was a student I once locked myself in my room at my flat because there was a spider in the hallway across my door and stayed in there all night...
I don't like killing them, and I'm sometimes so scared I can't go near them with the hoovery bit so I normally run away until my OH comes home to put them in the garden for me...

I'm such a wuss...lol

I used to be terrified of them, but I'm not so bad now. I can enter the room when one is there, but as soon as it starts to move along the wall, I have to end its little life. One jumped on me once from the corner of the ceiling, so I'm now convinced that they all jump at you. I can't bear them in the bedroom, one once fell on my pillow whilst i was awake, I nearly screamed the house down! It died....
Also heard they don't like lemons, but was also told that about cats too. Fat lot of good that did my carpets and Christmas tree last year!

but if you put them out, they come back in again!

That reminds me of when I used to catch mice in a humane trap, drive up the lane with them and let them free.
One day as I got out of the car at home DH said to me , " that mouse got home before you did" lol !!!!

One jumped on me once from the corner of the ceiling, so I'm now convinced that they all jump at you. I can't bear them in the bedroom, one once fell on my pillow whilst i was awake, I nearly screamed the house down! It died....

I now have a picture of a spider thug who mugs his victims lol. I think he might have just fallen from the ceiling. Spiders are not known for their jump and attack skills lol.
I hold no grudge against the poor spider but I think if one fell on my pillow in the night I might scream too. It seems a great way to get an extra cuddle from DH.

Oh the irony, they don't bother me and i've not seen a single one in the house!

I'm a run like f*** person and then if alone get the broom/something with a very long handle to get it. Failing that it gets sprayed with hairspray then it cant go anywhere...

I've used hairspray before :eek: it really works though, unless they're those really big, really fast ones because they are way too good at running under things, ready to pounce later :eek:

Eurgh, I'm all itchy and panicky now...

Back