• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

OMG I'm so ecstatic I have to share!!!!

Book-Worm

Silver Member
S: 19st11.4lb C: 19st11.4lb G: 12st5lb BMI: 40.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I have been shopping for the first time since the start of the diet (only window shopping though, sadly :( )

I was in Primark, looking at the winter coats, rejoycing that for once I would not freeze in the winter because I would be able to buy a coat that I would be able to fasten without looking like the Michelin Man (usually, I let my winter coat open as it doesn't make me look as fat :( )

My husband invited me to try one on. At first I didn't want to. Primark, I discovered, are notorious for their "smaller" sizes, ie a size 18 from Primark is smaller than a size 18 in Asda.

But then I thought "OK, let's try the 18 on": it was too big!!!!! So I tried the 16 on and it was perfect!!!!! I even had room for a bulky jumper underneath!!!!! And to think that when the time comes to buy a new coat, the size 16 will be too big!!! I was so chuffed!!!

I didn't try any trousers in Primark as I know the size 18 is too small (pear shape dieter here!). So we went to Asda and I tried on a size 16 pair of high waisted skinny jeans. And they fit!!! :D Well, they were a bit tight around the belly, so I know where to target my exercise now. But they fit nonetheless!!! I used to wear Size 24 jeans from there!

It helped so much. I was feeling really down before going out, wanting to eat, etc etc, but this has given me hope. That the diet IS working.

But funnily enough I was SCARED of trying smaller sizes because in my mind I was still a size 22/24... So no way a size 16 could fit me... It'll take time to see my body differently...

Sorry for the long post, but I HAD to share :D

Do you have any similar stories? Please share, I love reading about this sort of things. For me it's even more exciting than losing weight (although obviously, they go hand in hand). xxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

Tbag

S: 14st12.0lb C: 12st7lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 26.6 Loss: 2st5lb(15.87%)
Well done Bookworm - bet that really made you even more determined to keep going! You have done so well, keep going!

Book-Worm

Silver Member
Well done Bookworm - bet that really made you even more determined to keep going! You have done so well, keep going!
Thanks TBag. And you bet it has, I can really see myself in a nice little black dress for Christmas now :D And we have a birthday party on Dec 15th: I am really looking forward to shopping for that :D

S: 20st13lb C: 19st4lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 43.6 Loss: 1st9lb(7.85%)
That's frikkin awesome!! :D:D

S: 18st7lb C: 15st3lb BMI: 30.6 Loss: 3st4lb(17.76%)
Well done Bookworm thats amazing :D :D

S: 18st3.6lb C: 17st0.4lb G: 12st0.0lb BMI: 35.2 Loss: 1st3.2lb(6.73%)
That's so fantastic! I myself had a similar experience a few weeks ago! Went to buy some jeans, usually a size 22, and the 18's fit me perfectly! They're even a little loose now!! Feel's amazing!! Well done to you, and I'm so glad that you've got your motivation back xxx

S: 14st10lb C: 12st2lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 2st8lb(17.48%)
BOOKWORM all i can say is "BRILLIANT" you must be over the moon, keep up the good work onward and smaller you go x

S: 18st1lb C: 17st1lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 39.8 Loss: 1st0lb(5.53%)
I love stories like this really keep you motivated well done book worm u skinny minny :) glad that's spurred u on x

Book-Worm

Silver Member
Thanks girls! I still can't believe it! It's been so hard lately for some reason. Thesis work, husband being away for work 7 days at a time, etc. So that really spurred me on.

Now I can't wait to be able to fit in the size 16 skinny jeans from Asda WITHOUT the muffin top :D (they are the high waisted ones, supposed to flatten you tummy: my tummy must not have read that part of the label :eek: )

ninajw83

Silver Member
C: 25st0lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 53.2
wow wow wow wow that is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!