Spin cycle

Yep, those spin bike seats are evil crotch bashers! If it's really bad try a pair of padded shorts, pants or trousers. You can get them from cycle shops, halfords or sportswear shops, aldi occasionally sell them when they have the biking gear in stock. Otherwise you will get used to it after a few classes, I find it is sore the first few times then you don't notice it, but if it's bad get the padding, the pants are the most discreet option as you can wear them under your leggings or what-have-you.

My mate even takes her own padded cycle seat with her to the class but I think I might feel a bit self-conscious doing that. I have never felt confident enough to go into a spinning class - I don't know why that feels worse that the other classes I do.

Lilacwine you should try one! I'm sure you wouldn't be the most 'noob' member of the class, it's usually a really mixed bunch in there and quite dark once the class starts... But I agree with you I wouldn't take my own seat! That would be a bit much, and there's no need, padded shorts or get used to it always worked for me!

hannata said:
....serious female genital pain.....

how long will it take for me to not hurt this much... lol

Anyone else do spinning? x

Pahahaha I'm sooooo glad I'm not the only one!! I woke up thinking I'd had a baby in the night or something!! I loved spin!! It was amazingly but I can't take the afterburn!! Couldn't sit down for days lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i have to agree, that seat is uncomfy.

back from a spinning class now and if my bum could talk, it would be screaming at me!! glad it was only a 45 minute class and the instructor was getting us to do more standing than sitting

Yes you definitely get used to it until you take a couple weeks off then your back to square one with the poor bottom issues lol.

Def go along to a class no one worries what others are up too the first few I went along to I couldnt do the standing I think it took me a month to be able to participate in the whole class!!! No one worries!! Xx

I go 3 times a week and couldn't survive without the gel seat cover I bought in tesco. Nothing to be embarrassed about, half my class use them including the instructor

Yes you definitely get used to it until you take a couple weeks off then your back to square one with the poor bottom issues lol.

Def go along to a class no one worries what others are up too the first few I went along to I couldnt do the standing I think it took me a month to be able to participate in the whole class!!! No one worries!! Xx

ah i had the same problems standing! id only done an induction class, and that was about 2 monthes before i went to a proper class. first time i couldnt stand, lasted a few seconds! same with the few classes after it, but last week i could manage standing fully when we were told too. horray :)
most of the people in the class have been spinning for a long time so they were all able to stand easily on it, only get a few first non induction newbies as it gets booked up very very fast!

I bought a gel seat for my 'real' bike, and found it was actually MUCH better without it...

On my 'real' bike I find it easier without padding.

Oh, I'm sorry, it said that first one didn't send!

Back