Spinning

jadeelizabeth

becoming a happier, healthier me
Went for my intro spinning class last night and omg, i can't walk today :eek:

I'm dreading my first full class tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice?

Lol!

Yup, it hurts! But it does burn lots of calories. I always wear biking trousers with padded bottoms - makes a difference on the old sore bum (although the muscles still hurt).

It does get better as you get used to it. Make sure you stretch well and cool down well.

You could also try having some protein (a bar, or a shake) immediately after your workout: it will speed up muscle recovery and reduce soreness the next day. I never get sore muscles the day after anymore, since I started doing that. They should sell something at your gym - choose one with fewest carbs and calories, but lots of protein :)

SL x

My boyfriend loves spinning... I personally cant stand it! Dread doing the classes but always feel much better for it afterwards.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Finding it hard atm, especially because I'm only small I find I am stretching myself more than maybe I should but going to stick with it :)

I'm determined to try it again. There are so many classes it must be worth doing!! I just dont like sitting on those bikes and I thought I had enough padding of my own lol... may have to get a gel seat or something... anything to help speed up my fitness!!!

I need to grow a set and take the plunge to try spinning at my gym!

I actually enjoy it, in a strange way and the times flies by. My instructor knows im new and always keeps an eye on me and i take it at my own pace, it's no competition!

Take the plunge and go for it :)

YES
That is exactly what I had bruised butt and bruised lady's bits lol. That's what I hated!

Keelykins said:
I'm determined to try it again. There are so many classes it must be worth doing!! I just dont like sitting on those bikes and I thought I had enough padding of my own lol... may have to get a gel seat or something... anything to help speed up my fitness!!!

I'm going back to class this week and I got my padded seat cover from Wilkinson's for a few quid, well worth it.

I get bruised in parts I didn't know could bruise lol x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using MiniMins

Back