Splash's Countdown

You and me both D_Q!!!!

Just had my first AAM and chicken, lettuce and cucmber have never tasted so good. Made up a hot chocolate to go with it, thinking I'd need it to feel full, but struggling to get it down. I will manage though!!!

D_Q your avatar is beautiful, what a lovely family you have. Hope things are going well for you.:)

Hi D_Q I have a question for you. Are we allowed smoked white fish with AAM? I could eat smoked haddock every day of the week! Got a feeling you're going to be horrible and say no though!!!;)

Finally got round to sorting my wardrobe out and I'm delighted to say that I can now fit in all my size 24 clothes. It's amazing that although I don't feel as if I've lost enough weight to make a difference, I've gone from bursting out of my 26's (had to undo trousers to sit down) to a comfortable 24 in 4.5 weeks. Got some 22 jeans that have a gap of about 3 inches. Going to try them on regularly and hope I can get into them ASAP.
I sneaked a look at the scales today and was disappointed that there has been no change for 3 days....on AAM week, hope it's not that as I've been very careful. Oh well, I know the diet works and it will start going down soon.

Hi D_Q I have a question for you. Are we allowed smoked white fish with AAM? I could eat smoked haddock every day of the week! Got a feeling you're going to be horrible and say no though!!!;)

You know me too well honey - as far as I know, smoked fish is a no-no :( Sorry babes. But well done on the clothes :clap:

Sorry I didn't respond to your email - I was in hospital from Monday afternoon til yesterday! Slipped discs of all things :rolleyes:

You poor thing, have they done anything to make you more comfortable? Got pictures of you trussed up on traction in my head!! Hope it gets sorted soon, especially with your holiday coming up.:hug99:

Hi splash.. well done on ur w.loss so far, i told u those sizes come down quickly and it won't be long before ur out of them. Good luck.

Oh well done Splash...having comfortable clothes makes such a difference to your mood....it wont be long before you are slinging out your Size 24s!!

I only lost 2lbs this week(on LT) but I go to Curves 2 or 3 times per week and girl measured me last nights....lost 25 inches from the bod since starting LT........so a measuring tape or a pair of smaller jeans to check how you are doing is real motivation....well done!!

Hiya Linda, yes you were right. I wish I could fast forward to the last couple of stone though!! Have you started a diary?
Wow Bea that's a lot of inches, well done!! Is Curves a gym? Haven't heard of that one. Are you both exercising, I haven't started yet, still in the thinking stage.....a stage I'm very good at.:D

Last edited:
You poor thing, have they done anything to make you more comfortable? Got pictures of you trussed up on traction in my head!! Hope it gets sorted soon, especially with your holiday coming up.:hug99:

No traction - being mobile is a good thing (apparently :rolleyes: ) I'm with you on the 'thinking' about exercise :giggle:

Hey splash... I'm with u, thinking about exercise is very tiering lol. maybe later on down the road, haha, ( in my dreams). No, i haven't started a diary, too much typing, lol.

Curves International - Locations

have a look here...its a 30 minute workout which they recommend 3 times a week...its more toning to be honest than fitness...but it does work...I am terrified of loose skin and while you cant avoid some when you have a lot to loose - toning does help....I waited till I was on LT for a few weeks before going back to the gym....(I didnt loose a pound when I went there for a full year behand but my tone wasnt too bad if covered in fat LOL!!!)

Ah well....to be honest a home DVD exercise session is the good...once you have the will to complete....

Hey there could be a franch' opportunity for you to open one in your area LOL

I'm ashamed to admit Bea that I've got 4 home exercise DVD's that have never seen the light of day......and I've had them over a year!!!

5th weigh in and 2.5lb off. Glad that AAM is over as though I enjoyed my little meal, an hour later I wanted to eat big time!! Resisted I'm glad to say. So 2.5lb to go to get to my first target of 10% loss and it's also 2 stone off. And now I've got under 100lb to lose, how great is that.:D

Weeellll Doooooeeeee you!! Thats brilliant....SSing is easier insnt it...the old food devil is well on my shoulder all the time....you wont find till half that 100 is gone....I am looking forward to reaching the 50 left mark....took me 9 weeks to get loose the 40....so you will be there in no time....skinny New Year parties here you come...yah!!

Back