Split Personality At Weigh In!!!!!!

Lindam

Silver Member
Why is it that my personality seems to split into two when i get weighed in?

Get on scales and they announce a half pound loss - immediately they start:

Personality One: Oh my god, all that bloody exercise, planning meals, keeping within syn allowance and all I get is a measly half a pound - how come that person in front of me who has done no exercise has managed a pound and half - its just not fair!

Personality Two: It's a loss, I am down 2.5 pounds in total over 4 weeks and I am within my target weight allowance - let's keep this up, slow is good it will stay off, and I have had a lovely compliment today that I look slim! In fact we got the tape measure out at work and I have a smaller waist than a very pretty, tall girl that I work with - how cool is that?

Anyone else have this issue??????:scale:

i think we all do that and the other side of it is:

"I wonder, if I hadn't had that bar of chocolate would I have lost more?!"

...more like tesco's birthday cake! lol

i stayed the same this week. however, i went AWOL from class last week as i'd had 4 days off plan around my fella's birthday....and when i say off plan i mean cookies for breakfast, cheese toasties, crisps and chocolate for lunch and takeaways for dinner washed down with full sugar pepsi. i gained about 5 lbs in 4 days, so in my eyes when i have stayed the same it means i have gained and lost 5lbs since last weigh-in! lol

no lol - but i know lindam was wrestling with a tescos birthday cake over the weekend!

i just ate everything in site for 4 days!

Reading your comment had me imagining me and this giant Tecos Birthday cake having a wrestling match in the kitchen while it was getting me to eat it and I was attempting to resist!!!!

Like I said on the phone earlier.. its a loss.. and the person in front whos doing no exercise and lost will probably get complacent and put on next week!!! You have done so well. :worthy:

Ha ha I know what you mean! I stopped going to class as I lost weight sooo slowly even though I stick to it religiously, and the others in my class all went to the new all-you-can-eat Chinese in town a lot and lost 2 or 3lbs each week AND moaned about not losing weight fast enough!! Argh!

Ha ha I know what you mean! I stopped going to class as I lost weight sooo slowly even though I stick to it religiously, and the others in my class all went to the new all-you-can-eat Chinese in town a lot and lost 2 or 3lbs each week AND moaned about not losing weight fast enough!! Argh!

I am so glad not to be alone in losing on the scales slowly while others are whizzing their pounds away like mad things (I did RC a while ago and the lady who got slimmer of the week most weeks was on slimming pills!!)

I am so glad not to be alone in losing on the scales slowly while others are whizzing their pounds away like mad things (I did RC a while ago and the lady who got slimmer of the week most weeks was on slimming pills!!)
The main thing is that it does come off, albeit slowly. I sometimes forget it's not a race. My husband lost 10lbs in his first week joining me on the plan! I was VERY annoyed with him! :p

I much prefer weighing at home and coming on here for support - I don't get so bitter then, lol! I feel people here are more on my wavelength than in the group I went to.

A couple of weeks ago at WI I was surprised to hear i had lost 2 lbs, as I did'nt feel like i had lost, sat down in a chair waiting for image therapy, and happened to look down, well it all became perfectly clear where the 2lb had gone from, my poor boobs had almost disappeared! and it was'nt till that moment that I realised, i guess thats one of the downfalls of being nearly at target, lol.

A couple of weeks ago at WI I was surprised to hear i had lost 2 lbs, as I did'nt feel like i had lost, sat down in a chair waiting for image therapy, and happened to look down, well it all became perfectly clear where the 2lb had gone from, my poor boobs had almost disappeared! and it was'nt till that moment that I realised, i guess thats one of the downfalls of being nearly at target, lol.

My boobs have just about stayed the same! Only lost about 2 inches and still in a 'G' cup!!!!

Back