Splitting shakes

lou49

Sorry if this seems like stupid question!

On CD 790 I have a muffin for breakfast, soup for lunch, the dinner in the evening and the last shake in the evening with coffee as a 'choc bar'. However I get very hungry at about 445pm (have dinner about 645pm) I was thinking of splitting the shake packs so as to have half for breakfast and the other half in the late afternoon. Problem is that there never seems to be very much in the pack - what's the best way to make the most of half a pack? Oh dear, this is rather lame....sorry:eek:
Oh, can't add ice as have never got to grip with this in my Genie and weather is too cold anyway!

Thanks - Louise

Not a stupid question at all :D just a bit tricky :p

If you have say, 2 shakes the same flavour am guessing you have choclate - you could split those 2 packs into 3 so it's a bit more than half... so basically you're splitting 2 packs and making 3....

Not sure how many spoonfulls in one pack but measure it out that way?

does that help at all?

ps if you don't want the same flavour - measure out what you want and leave the rest of the pack for the next day...

Hope you know what I'm getting at - think I've confused myself lol

Are you a mind reader Geri? Yes, they are chocolate!!
Idea of splitting them into three sounds good but I am a bit bothered about them tasting too weak, even split into two. Got to go out and get a life I think....

Louise

I have never split a pack before but have heard of many who do. Some even have 6 x 1/2 a day. I like the idea of measuring with a spoon or what about making 1/2 muffin or crisps.

Irene xx

My daughter did CD ... and is a serial grazer in that she needs to be eating all the time. So she split all her packs in half and made them up with slightly less than the 8fl oz reccomended and so had 6 meals a day.

If you use water flavouring you can add a tspn of that to make it taste less watery (probably only the strawberry or FOF flavours)... or coffee granules in cappucino or vanilla.

Otherwise some use a teaspoon of the shake mixed in with a cup of coffee .... like coffee mate and so you use a pack throughout the day.

Are you a mind reader Geri? Yes, they are chocolate!!
Idea of splitting them into three sounds good but I am a bit bothered about them tasting too weak, even split into two. Got to go out and get a life I think....

Louise

Lol i took a guess, as you said you had a muffin and a choclate bar thingy!! - although peeps do use other flavours for muffins think most use choc - :D

just use a lil less water - or ifyou make the ones up in a blender when you're at home they'll come out a bit thicker :)

try it and see

good luck - let us know how you get on :D

I split the packs. There are 40g in the pack so if you have 2 shakes the same, that makes 80g in total so if you split them into 3 then each drink would be made up of 26g ish.

I always split the vanilla into 3 drinks - I make each one with 13g of vanilla, add one spoon of coffee and have it as a lovely hot drink. I make it up with about 250ml which is a mug's worth. Really helps me to get through the day!

I love coffee with butterscotch and toffee & walnut as well. I always get about 4-5 coffees out of a pack - this is part of my maintenance programme. Don't know how I'm going to give it up though one day - do they make flavoured coffee mate?????
Ann

I wouldn't Ann ............ a little of what you fancy does you good! Plus you'll still be getting a third of your daily intake of vitamins, nutrients etc etc etc.

Enjoy!!!!!

Hmm, Im baffled with all this splitting business!!! My heads a shed anyway with this flu lark!!! My idea on this thread is splitting tetras, I do that with choc ones, and top up with hot water, mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flirty40greeneyes Otherwise some use a teaspoon of the shake mixed in with a cup of coffee .... like coffee mate and so you use a pack throughout the day.[/QUOTE said:
I have started doing this quite often as I usually like black coffee but it sometimes starts me craving smething sweet to go with it. I keep a pack of vanilla close to the kettle to do this.

One evening my kids were playing up at the dinner table while I was making it and I was giving them 'what for' Then i realised that there were green and orange bits floating in the coffee I was stiring. I have only put a teaspoon of veggie soup in, the pack was on the side as I had split that for lunch.

The kids thought it was hilarious!

Dizzy x

Thanks all for this! I did think about splitting my brocc and cheese soup at lunchtime, but when I had had the first half sachet, I thought 'blow this' and had the second half! I like a nice big bowl and didn't feel like half a sachet was enough!

Louise

I have started doing this quite often as I usually like black coffee but it sometimes starts me craving smething sweet to go with it. I keep a pack of vanilla close to the kettle to do this.

One evening my kids were playing up at the dinner table while I was making it and I was giving them 'what for' Then i realised that there were green and orange bits floating in the coffee I was stiring. I have only put a teaspoon of veggie soup in, the pack was on the side as I had split that for lunch.

The kids thought it was hilarious!

Dizzy x

PMSL!!! :D How did you get your name Dizzy???!!!!!!!! :D

Hey Louise, in the mornings I take half a pack, 1 and a half -2 tablespoons p husks, around 300 ml hot water and whizz them in my blender for about 20 seconds to get 'porridge'. Its really filling and I sometimes have another porridge in the evening or make the rest of the pack into some biccies!!

I split one pack per day. The addition of pysillium husks bulks it out nicely. I have to split them because the husks make it too rich otherwise.

So adding the husks counteracts the split shakes being watery AND acts as a digesstive aid. Job done!

CC xxxxx

Hey Louise, in the mornings I take half a pack, 1 and a half -2 tablespoons p husks, around 300 ml hot water and whizz them in my blender for about 20 seconds to get 'porridge'. Its really filling and I sometimes have another porridge in the evening or make the rest of the pack into some biccies!!

This sounds good, i'm going to order some P. husks now!!!!

Back