Splodgergill's diary- this is MY year!

Splodgergill

Hi,

I've been here before under a different username, but new year, new start and all that.

I've done WW so many times before I've lost count, but I know it works and it's down to me to make it work. So here i am again and hoping this forum and keeping a diary will help.

I only put on 4lb over Christmas, which took me to a nice 16st 7lb! So I now have bang on 5 stone to lose. I help out at my meeting so I got the new info in my hands before Christmas. been reading a lot about nutrition in general and i feel ready to go for it. I'm doing Filling and Healthy as I feel it encourages me to make good choices and I need to re-educate myself in terms of portion sizes. DH is on board as well which is really making a difference.

I've almost done my first week and found it really easy. breakfast has been porridge and fruit or eggs, bacon medallions and mushrooms. lunch is bulgar wheat salad with loads of veg in it, with some ham or turkey breast, dinner has been all sorts- chicken, lamb, steak, with tons of veg.

My youngest has started playgroup in the mornings so that is making a heck of a difference to my ability to fit in exercise. This week I've done the gym twice and 30 day shred twice. Day off today, then gym tomorrow and shred on tues.

Tues is my WI day and I really hope I've done enough. If anything lets me down it's my portion sizes, and I can work on that. I have been trying to listen to my body and how I feel- am I nicely full or totally stuffed!

So, that's me. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and watching my ticker move down the line :D

Gillxx

Can I just tell you about my 'woohoo' moment for today?

We were in town and the kids decided they wanted KFC for lunch. I knew we'd be eating out and was feeling a bit nervous about it. But I got my head straight and.... Had a chicken meal, gave the fries to the kids (OK, I had 4, but only 4 fries!). had a side salad, corn on the cob. AND THEN I peeled all the skin off the chicken, all the luvly secret recipe bit! I kept telling myself 'It's not nice chicken skin, it's FAT!'

So that was my first eating out experience done, very pleased.

So, back to the gym tomorrow, looking forward to it.

Good start to the day, porridge with berries for breakfast followed by the gym. Cardio workout today which I do find tough going, probably because I let things slide before Christmas and didn't go at all for ages. So I can't quite do all I'm supposed to but each time I go I'm doing a little more. I'm supposed to do treadmill, crosstrainer and rower, but last week I couldn't even contemplate the rowing machine as i was so out of shape. Today I did 3 mins out of the 10 I'm aiming for. When I do cardio again on Fri I'll aim for more than 3- progress!

DS2 LOVED playgroup this morning so that was great. just having lunch now (bulgar wheat salad with chicken breast) and the got to decide what to do with the chicken breasts I've got out for tonight's tea.

WI tomorrow. In a way I'm looking forward to it because I just HAVE to have lost something, all the work I've out in. But if I haven't, I'll be gutted. Very nervous about it and I've not felt like that for a long time.

Well, it's WI later and I'm soooo nervous! Just had lunch, nice and early so it's not sitting in my tummy at 5pm when i weigh.

I was meant to come back after toddler gourp this morning and do 30 day shred but I cba! I'm going to the gym tomorrow and I'll fit in an extra sessions at the weekend- DH is away for the weekend so I'll see if my mum will have the kids for an hour or so.

I'm definitely feeling better- less bloated, skin is clearer, more energy etc. Ooh, going to be clock-watching all afternoon! I'll do some meal planning in a bit, that'll take my mind off things.

back later with my WI result and a glass of wine in hand!

Well, 1.5 off.

I have to say I'm a tad disappointed, but then again my head is saying I've not got to grips with F&H, I can see where my portion sizes have gone a bit mad in places.

But hey, a loss is a loss, onwards and up(down)wards!

Well, 1.5 off.

I have to say I'm a tad disappointed, but then again my head is saying I've not got to grips with F&H, I can see where my portion sizes have gone a bit mad in places.

But hey, a loss is a loss, onwards and up(down)wards!

Absolutely! It's still a loss, well done x

thanks Debs, I'm OK with a small loss!

So, new week, new start. I've gone back to pointing as I clearly can't be trusted yet on Filling and healthy! Been to the gym this morning, felt really great. Food wise i've had porridge with berries and a banana, apple and banana after workout. Lunch is bulgar wheat salad and turkey breast and a packet of lite crisps, followed by a huge cup of tea and a WW choc bar. Dinner is lamb kebabs with pitta and salad.

Got my friends' kids coming over for tea tonight, so there'll be 5 crazy kids running round my house later- just hope it doesn't send me running to the fridge for cheese and wine!

Not having a great day today. For some reason I'm feeling really lethargic, didn't do my workout dvd as planned. Been doing housework and I think being in the house all day brings me down a bit. But DS2 is a bit under the weather and tired so couldn't really do much else, he's needed to have a duvet day today, bless him.

But I'm out at dance class tonight so thats something to look forward to. And I WILL be at the gym tomorrow morning so not slacking off too much!

This weekend will be a challenge I think. DH is away for the weekend so it's just me and my boys. Must get them out and about to keep the busy and stop them fighting and arguing!

Lamb kebabs for dinner last night were delish, by the way! really simple, marinade the lamb in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and herbs and grill/griddle. Leftover chilli from a few days ago for me tonight, need to have something quick and easy before dancing.

Yesterday was just dire. I think I'm a tad hormonal- ravenously hungry, yelling at the kids, getting wound up over the slightest thing, etc. if I'd been able to get to the gym yesterday I really think that would have helped, but never mind.

New mindset today, off to kick butt at the gym in a bit, then some housework and shopping. I'm keeping my points as low as poss becuase tonight I've got a night in with the girls tonight and we're having pizza and wine! Choice was out of my hands, but hey, I'll enjoy it and then get back on track tomorrow. Planning on gymming it again tomorrow for damage limitation, he he.

So, on Friday night i went over on my ankle, staggering home! but it felt alright-ish so i went to the gym Sat morning to work off the pizza and wine damage. Bad idea! As the day went on my ankle got worse, swelled up, could hardly walk on it. I was a bit worried but after a long hot bath and some rest it's a LOT better this morning. I was worried i might not be able to train on it on Monday.

Foodwise it's not been great since Fri night, but today I am back on track and that's how it's going to stay till WI on Tues.

Next week is going to be a bit tricky for exercise. I help deliver a local magazine for families of under 5's and this is the week they need to be got out to all the local nurseries, playgroups, toddler groups, etc. It's just not possible to do this with DS2 so I'll have to use the time when he's at playgroup to do it- which is when i'd normally be at the gym- grrrr! If I plan it right and really push the time I've got I might only have to miss one session- we shall see. Now I've really got back into exercise i don't want to lose the momentum, if you know what i mean.

Good luck this timeBron

So, half on and I'm so mad with myself! I totally let myself down this week, all my own fault. I keep 'rewarding' myself with food and really, I'm not rewarding myself am I? I'm not doing myself any favours at all.

I need to change how i see food, it's not a treat, a reward, etc. It's fuel for my body and if I put the wrong stuff in, I'll get nothing out of it.

Right, enough of looking back, time to move forward. Stolen from a certain Carly's diary, here are my positives for today:
1. I have my food all planned
2. I'm off to the gym shortly
3. ......

I'll save 3 for later, when I can get to the end of today and tell you I've stuck to my propoints!

Food for today:

Porridge with berries and a banana 7
Post gym snack apple and banana
Turkey salad with pitta and hummous 10
WW choc bar 2
Chicken in red wine, jacket pot and veg- not pointed this yet as I've not weighed the chicken and potato yet!

Don't want to use any weeklies today.

OK, here goes.....

So yesterday went OK, ended up using a few weeklies on a glass of wine but hey.

Today I'm mainly houseworking and toddler group this afternoon, but I'm going to fit in 30 Day Shred later. it's great, got my own little cheerleader in the form of my youngest- he stands there jumping up and down going 'Come on mummy, you can do it!' :D

Food is pretty similar to yesterday to be honest. I'm out tonight at dancing so tea needs to be quick and easy. Which means bung a chicken breast in the oven!

Right, not a bad week so far, specially in exercise terms. I've been to the gym 3 times and going again tomorrow. I've also moved up to level 2 on 30 day shred- it's a killer! But I'm beginning to understand what it means to really go for it and push myself. hopefully the effort I'm putting in will show very soon.

We had a curry last night but I was sensible and had chicken shashlick and couldn't finish it.

in other news we bought a new car yesterday and DH and I are ridiculously excited about it! Been a long time coming and a lot of saving but on Friday we will be picking up a gorgeous big Audi, very posh! Can't quite believe we can actually afford it, we've always had relatively old and not so great cars but finally our time has come!

Half off this week which I'm OK with. I really need to be on it this week as it's my birthday on Friday and we're going out for a curry and drinks with friends, so I'll need all my weeklies and then some!

I've also done a very good thing- took the wine out of the fridge! It's just too much of a temptation for me and soooo many propoints it's simply not worth it.

Been to the gym this morning, weight training. And I upped my weights on all but a couple of machines. my friend told me if the last 3 of each set don't make you grunt you're not working hard enough :D So i went for it and feel really good. Always good to push yourself that little bit further.

So I think I have a plan in place for the week. messed up the last couple of weeks but I really want this now. I've got my cousins wedding next year and I'd love to show up and blow all my relatives away with a gorgeous new figure!

OMG this week has been a disaster! Birthday meals, drinkies, etc and it's all gone to pot. The only thing I have kept on track with is exercise. And even that was a struggle, eating rubbish really makes exercising harder, felt so sluggish.

Been OK today, back on it. Been to the gym and later I'm starting my 30 day shred challenge. On the WW website there's a bunch of people posting every day about it and I want to commit to doing shred every day, or at least 5-6 days out of 7.

Will plan this weeks evening meals later, just simple chicken breast and steamed veg tonight.

This week's starting off well, gym this morning, then cam right back home and did 30 day shred! Very pleased, just hope i can manage shred again tomorrow, have had a bath to relax the old muscles.

Foodwise very good. porridge and berries, ham salad, pitta and hummous, and chicken jambalaya for dinner, which was realllllly yummy. Don't think DH was too fussed on it but he's not a big one for rice. But it was so quick and simple it's one I'll defo use for when I'm cooking just for me.

Still feeling good today! had a great nights sleep- must be all the activity I'm doing. Up, got my eldest splodge to school then straight home and did shred while little splodge was playing. Done by 10am and it defo warmed me up on this freeeeezing cold day!

I've nicked an idea from Carlylanky's diary and trying to kick the chocolate. I'm not a big one for sweet stuff and it's usually only a 2pp WW choc bar. But I've been having one every day after lunch and I'm not even hungry, it just goes nice with a cup of tea. So this is day 2 without one, I'm full enough from lunch and i do not need it!

Good luck on the 30 day shred I must dig my DVD out and start doing that again, I'm on my first week of ww after about 4 attempts but this is my yr, I will do it.
What was your chicken jambalaya recipie? X

Back