Splodgergill's diary- this is MY year!

Hi, thanks for posting! Chicken jambalaya is this. Brown diced chicken and set aside. Fry off garlic, onion, red pepper and any other veg you want to bulk it out with ( I added a courgette). Add 1tbsp cajun seasoning and stir through. Add chicken back in, rice (70-100g per person depending on how many pps you've got to play with), a tin of chopped tomatoes and 100ml of chicken stock per portion of rice. Cover and simmer for 20 mins and it's done.

Gym yesterday, and had a day off from shred. DH has just nipped to work for an hour or so so I'm going to quickly do shred while he's out in a minute. I don't mind doing it in front of the kids, but DH would just sit and laugh at me! Specially as I'm rubbish at Level 2 so far!

need to get the exercise in as it's my mum's retirement party tonight. Massive do, about 100 guests coming and for food they're doing pie and gravy as a change from the usual buffet food, so I don't stand a chance!

Thanks that sounds easy I think il do that tomorrow, I never done the shred infront of the oh either he would have been in fits of laughter

Well what a disaster last night was! The snow started about 2pm and did not stop. About 120 guests were expected at my mums retirement party and about 20 made it. Gutted for my mum, but she was fine about it. We're planning to have another go at it later in the year. the food was fantastic tho, homemade steak pie, chicken pie or veggie pie, chips and mushy peas! Followed by cheescake, apple and rhubarb crumble or profiteroles. Mmmmm....it was goooood!!!!

Was hoping to get to the gym today but we're snowed in. So my exercise today is taking the boys sledging later. they sledge down the hill, i drag em back up- should burn off a few cals i reckon!

That's not good, so sorry for your mum, we had loads of snow compared to normal in Leicester. I normally have to go back up to Gateshead to play in the snow with the kids, but they've got none this yr. On a downside my eating has been rubbish, iv just wanted comfort food cuz it's cold and miserable :-/ gonna have to make soup today n try n just eat that till thurs night lol

Update on my mum's failed party. I got a phone call from one of her old colleagues saying they're going to reorganise the party for her- as a surprise! So it's all back on for a few weeks time and mum has no idea, I'm so excited!

WI tonight, not sure how i'll have done, it all kind of fell apart at the weekend, what with the party and the snow. Not been to the gym or done shred since Sat. I could have gone yesterday but DS2's playgroup was cancelled. So instead I spent a couple of hours clearing our driveway and part of the road. really worked hard and am feeling it today in my bum and legs, must be all that squatting and lifting shovels of heavy snow!

Must have a good week next week, I'd love to lose a good amount before mums surprise party. Got just over 7 weeks, if i knuckle down, work hard and eat well I could look very different by then...

1.5 off!!!!

Really chuffed with that, specially after the weekend I had, exercise must have paid off. Got to keep that momentum going now. Been to the gym this morning and I think I need a program review, it's getting a little too easy. I've upped the weights on my resistance program myself but need a new challenge for cardio.

tried to do shred when i came home, but my flippin trainers let me down! I've only been wearing them for a few weeks and they're fine in the gym but I think the instep is too high for me so when I'm doing shred my feet are in agony! had to stop in the end. Luckily I've still got my battered old ones so will dig those out till I can go and buy some new ones.

Foodwise it's all good, I'm going to cobble together a chicken thigh casserole type thing, I'm thinking loads of veggies, paprika, chilli, etc. Something nice and filling to warm us up!

well done on your 1.5lb off thats great :) xx

I really don't want to get weighed tonight

:break_diet:

I've been really rubbish this week, not planned, counted or anything.have kept up with the gym but that's about it.

BUT I am turning it around for next week. have planned everything we're going to have and am sticking to it. I'm doing so well at the exercise part but the food side I'm struggling to get to grips with. I think I get into this mindset that because I've exercised I deserve a treat- which is just stupid and self-defeating!

So I've got to change my thinking. And change how i reward myself. Tomorrow for sticking to food and exercise plan all day I'm going to treat myself by sitting and doing my nails.

I've also got my friend visiting tomorrow. She los 8.5 stone last year and is mega fit, so I'll get her to give me a good talking too as well! :D

Deal with it and move on.....

Half on- boo. But my own fault. And not as bad as I'd expected.

So, time to move forward. been to the gym this morning, eaten well so far today. had a friend and her boys over this morning and I'm about to go and see my gorgeous neice and nephew this afternoon- can't wait!

Tomorrow will be a test I think- got my 2 and 2 of my friends kids to keep amused all day- hope I wont be reaching for the wine and crisps by the end of the day!

half off this week, thats fine by me! Specially as it was half term last week and my good eating plans got scuppered a couple of times.

I may not have lost much so far but i can defo feel the difference in my clothes. My waist is definitely smaller, I can tell with my jeans and I have a pair of jamas that used to be snug but now i keep having to pull up, they keep falling down!

Doing well at the gym, I've booked a review for Friday to move things up a level again.

Me and the youngest are having a lazy afternoon here, chilling and watching TV. DS1 has tennis after school so don't have to head out in this horrible rain until 4.15ish.

And half off again this week! Coming off verrrry slowly but it's coming off.

Had my review at the gym which was interesting. weight training is going well, upped my reps, added an extra set on some, upped my weights on others. cardio, the trainer took one look at what i was doing on the cross trainer and said if I wanted to burn fat I was going the wrong way about it! The program I was doing on there was burning glycogen not fat stores. I also decided to ditch the rower because try as i might i just cannot get on with it. So I swapped to the bike instead. the new cardio programme feels easier to do yet according to the machines I'm burning more cals!

My kettleworx dvd set arrived today as well- woohoo! Not had time to watch the intro yet, will check it out tomorrow.

Got a good weekend coming up, a bunch of us mums from school are going away to a spa on Sat and staying overnight- so lots of pampering, gossiping and wine!

Ok, so, BIG wakeup call today. HUGE.

I've been for a consultation today to be sterilised. I have 2 gorgeous boys and I'm 100% I don't want any more kids, I'm done.

Went for my appointment, where they weighed and did my blood pressure. My BP was really high, have never had issues before, but could be a one off. Anyway, have to go and get that checked every week for the next 5-6 weeks to keep an eye on it.

THEN the surgeon says he wants me to lose 10 kilos. Not in a derogatory way, he totally understood people have weight issues and others don't, he gave himself as an example- he's naturally skinny yet eats crap! But this op will be easier if I've lost a bit of weight. Plus it's keyhole surgery, but if I'm carrying too much weight it increases the chances of them having to open me up which is more of a hassle, greater recovery time, more time in hospital, etc.

SO. For the first time my weight is affecting my health, my ability to go ahead and have a simple operation. Not good. Bit worried.

Still getting my head around it.

Another half off this week, which given that I spent the weekend away at a spa with friends, eating and drinking is pretty damn good!

My kettlebells arrived this morning, so I've watched the intro dvd and I'm ready to start tomorrow. Been to the gym today so don't want to overdo it.

Back